Clicker

Wait for me .....

1664891105_DSCF8221ed11s.thumb.jpg.0cd3053f419f159ee0bf99391e761b1d.jpg

• Like 4

Very minimalist - the dog takes up such a small proportion of the frame but it really makes the image - I like it!

That's a stonking comp and edit.  Well seen and thought through.

Great image Clicker and a nice mono conversion.

Thank you chaps .... I'll be honest...the first conversion and crop  had the sky and background showing too much prominence, as when I took the photo , in my mind's eye i wanted the dog to be the absolute main focus of the image  , being really small in a large expanse of indeterminate land/seascape so it looked  "lost or abandoned"...and the story i hoped would be a bit sad ... here's the first conversion where I felt there was too much contrast in the sky and the land and the dog didn't look so lonely as a consequence and then the original photo which had a tyre track  taking the eye right out of the picture stage right ....! I wouldnt usually place an object quite so central  but it seemed to work with this dog on the edit  ...  looked like he was  sniffing his way home ...

575521436_DSCF8221ed21s.thumb.jpg.a79b8510df78482defe2c31096ca2ebc.jpg

2055398336_DSCF8221ed31s.jpg.b799f5e2480e2fdf0170a741693e2171.jpg

Just looked at this again.  Anybody that holds the belief that straight out of the camera is the only way to go needs to take a lesson from this shot.

Edited by John2
  • Like 1

1. Thanks for that observation John ... appreciate  the comment . Sometimes  its a good idea to show  how one gets to the finished article and I don't think my skills are always sufficiently honed to get what I want straight out of the camera ... In this case i had to take the pic quite quickly once i saw the potential,  as  a whole group  of walkers were heading into the frame from the left  that would have spoilt the illusion  of a lost  dog scenario. I was always hopeful that I could still get a crop that showed a large fairly empty expanse  with the dog still as a small  isolated    main subject   with the post processing .I'm always interested  in seeing pre processed  versions of pics  from other  people  too ... I think we can all learn  from  seeing that some images  don't always need to be binned if they don't look 100%  straight out of camera .... 📷