Denis

This mornings walk...

After the wonderful and quite spectacular storm last night, the air was fresher by far today and a stroll was in order. Parked at my usual place by the mill, the rest of the four mile walk was through wheat and stubble fields so not very inspiring I'm afraid.

647605770_MooringsandMill(1024x683).jpg.672f01f9e1fbb5509a86dacf05c1d503.jpg

433863555_ParndonMillLock(1024x754).jpg.77f9bdabd1f074946d4caa53a8b56a8f.jpg

1638033940_Harlequinstatue(1024x683).jpg.9b022bb797d1f0a70dba53d9414ce30c.jpg

This is typical of the countryside around here, nothing but wheat and Barley...

1771820657_ViewacrossEastwickCR.jpg.fbe49c0afa6b3e0163b5c417c2616d3f.jpg

• Like 2

What a smashing set Denis ... Nicely composed  and  I love the quality of the water on the first  one ....   it really does look fresh after the rains ... and it looks quite breezy with the willow  moving and the clouds looks as  if they are scudding across the sky at a fair pace.  Interesting statue in # 3 .....

• Thanks 1

A nice set of images Denis. Whilst we had our hot day yesterday, today has been the opposite with heavy rain showers and much, much cooler temps. I can't remember such a long and extended period of hot weather with so little rain. They even had to close a 55 mile stretch of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal to lock traffic due to lack of water.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is due to be very wet, a chance to get on with the rest of last weeks photos!

12 hours ago, Clicker said:

Interesting statue in # 3 .....

INSIGHT and OBSERVATION a bronze and bronze resin sculpture by Gerda Rubinstein .

Thats all I can find regarding that piece Clicks.

13 hours ago, Denis said:

………………………………………………………………………..., the rest of the four mile walk was through wheat and stubble fields so not very inspiring I'm afraid.

But oh so satisfying I bet.

Nice set.  I love boating and we are toying with the idea of the Dutch canals next year.  These have got me all enthused.

• Like 1

I love the river and canal network john, Narrowboats and wide beams are a favourite subject of mine for photography. There are two ex Belgian boats moored on the Stort, one is being refurbished and is 80% original withe its original single cylinder diesel engine fitted and working.  The owner has taken it up to the midlands for Hull blacking and a complete repaint.The other is the green and cream coloured one seen in one of the above images.

~There is another one further down river that is really old, being built in 1910, that owner told me that it had seen service with the Kriegsmarine in WWII having been commadeered by the Germans. It was sunk by the allies, refloated after the war and went back into use plying its trade from Antwerp. He brought it to the UK where it was fitted out as a houseboat.