FUJI

SMALL TOWN STORY

Interesting story. The trouble with so many of the postwar rebuilds is that (a) they were heavily geared to the motor car, and (b) they were done on the cheap -- what little I've seen of Coventry (mainly the area around the pool) was pretty grim by the turn of the century. 

The sky looks nearly like an IR image, but I assume it's not.

A wonderful crisp B&W image - I love the clouds against the dark sky.

1 hour ago, JamesT said:

Interesting story. The trouble with so many of the postwar rebuilds is that (a) they were heavily geared to the motor car, and (b) they were done on the cheap -- what little I've seen of Coventry (mainly the area around the pool) was pretty grim by the turn of the century. 

The sky looks nearly like an IR image, but I assume it's not.

Thanks James ....feedback is very welcome ...

This end of Kenilworth was ...if you like....the posh end.....Beautiful Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian Houses, a quaint inn and a music/furniture shop....all totally destroyed in one fell swoop.

Worth looking up online...especially the BIF ...British Film Institute ....wartime exercise in Solihull....a superb contemporary wartime rescue exercise done in the actual ruins circa 1942....

Those clouds.....processing done using good old NIK SILVER EFEX.

here is a....Before postcard study..

FUJI

19EFA0A3-DF76-4080-A056-8970AEF0A1F6.png

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see a before and now shot of the same place (you should have taken yours at 10:30 as well)... I like Nik Silver Efex it does produce some nice B/W conversions.

Kenilworth ... the home of the charity shop, unless it's changed 🙂

I like before and afters, Ive done a few of those (but obviously more recently.