Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Severn on the Kent at Arnside

johntwo

Another from our walk up in Silverdale this week.  Meant as a seascape and comments on that basis welcome but just out of interest I researched the boat ('cos I like old wooden boats).  For interest, it is one of the last remaining vessels of the River Class built in Arnside by the Crossfield brothers -boat builders (who incidentally, also built Arthur Ransome's "Swallow").  They were designed as a class boat for the Mersey Yacht club and delivered just before the first world war.  The Arnside Yacht club found her and secured Lottery Heritage Funding to bring her back to her original condition.  She is a gaff rigger by the looks of things and I would love to see her under sail.

882933864_TheSevern.thumb.jpg.08d9ad556cfb7202e42cc35bc1a417d4.jpg

Thanks both of you.

What problem are you seeing Rye?  The quality is not the best.  I haven't cracked why the sharpness falls of for some images when they are uploaded and not for others.

No not film Colin.  Shot using a Fuji X100F + wide conversion lens (I like the 18mm FL) but I have always liked mono for the right subject and against the light, it allows you to emphasise the luminosity in the clouds more so  ...………….  The colour version, that some might prefer looks like:

1615535480_RiverClass.jpg.b280324e0882f293eead40de9240a2f3.jpg

Both super photographs, with my preference being toward the mono version.

Incidentally our House has been called ........ Arnside....since it was built in 1874/5 .......

FUJI 

A very nicely composed image  for me John.... once you'd posted the colour version I agree that the mono has the edge...

Just a thought for discussion John,.... would you consider a crop that  took the bottom edge to run just below the  buoy's tether on the right...  the reason I ask is an old rule I usually try to implement since a Tutor, a million years ago,  once rapped me over the knuckles saying ....never divide a landscape in two equal parts by the  horizon.... have it one third from the top or bottom ....

Not that rules should never be broken... and you would still have the foreground interest of two diagonal lines leading in with the footprints and the water's edge .. tis just a thought.
:sofa:

:)

Thanks Fuji, Hatter and Clicker for the additional comments. 

Clicks your not wrong but I should have sorted that out in camera.  The trouble is that when you are in company as we were, you end up grabbing shots as you see them.  As a result, when it came to PP, I was torn between getting the horizon right and placing the boat and the boat won.

Thanks Clicks, thanks Bill.  I might just try to find out when and how she is used.  they have had an exhibition this W/E devoted to the village's maritime heritage but the tides would have been wrong.  The estuary virtually dries out at low tide and is a pretty fierce race as it comes in so the period over which they can sail is limited.

Archived