Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Quietly waiting for a Bee (which never appeared) to land on our Clematis, snapped this Hover Fly, I guess life is like that!

1280500506_HoverFly2.jpg.2f438c069bf37a24d958353feb9a87eb.jpg

454472116_HoverFly.thumb.jpg.8ea3c1cd750ab67872adeae5749ef727.jpg

• Like 3

I was doing the same thing for an hour and a half yesterday Colin ... in a meadow full of blue  cornflowers and  poppies ... The air was decidedly blue by that time ...grrr .

Looks  like your patience was rewarded  though ... at least you did get  something  ...and at least hoverlies .... hover in one place for  second or two often before they land giving you  chance to focus...😅

• Like 1

Much prefer hoverflies.  Nicely caught.  Not many around here at the at the moment.  They were around very early on but the cold snap after that warm period in the spring must have caught them out.

• Like 1

Nice shots Colin. I too spent 15mins waiting for a bumble to to visit a foxglove, nada.

• Like 1

Cheers All - 

On 09/07/2018 at 12:51, ChrisD said:

Nice shots Colin. I too spent 15mins waiting for a bumble to to visit a foxglove, nada.

There seems to a very few Bees around this year, probably due to the odd weather earlier this year.

We have also had sightings locally of n Asian hornet ... ....They attack and kill our  bees so I hope that isnt the reason......
😕