ChrisD

Curious young Robin

Hung around me for 2 hours this morning. Perched on my knee for ages and kept jumping on my head if I wasn't paying attention. Wasn't interested in food, just curious and completely without fear.🙂

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

That first is a cracking image. I've never had them land on me, but I've had hem land on the feeding tables when I've been putting out seeds and then follow me to each one.

I hope he’s not too brave for his own good Chris . Fear is an important recipe for survival .... the pics are fabulous ...and my favourite is the last one ... on the post ...  though I really want to just lighten his left side just a teeny tad   Lovely  images Chris ... 👍

ps ...My comment was bsed on seeing the pic on my iPad ... now i see it on my iMac 27"  screen it looks fine ... sorry

Cheers RW. First time I've seen this behaviour too, no feeders/birdtables nearby that I know of.

The same thought crossed my mind Clicker, lets hope its not curious about things with four legs.

Robins are fearless opportunists.  Dig the garden or weed the borders and they are there at your side waiting for worms.  Never had them perch on me though.  Very nice set of images Chris.

Interesting, I doubt Australian robins would be so tame around humans - they may have adapted to being fed over generations. I’ve seen Yellow Robins perch on my spade handle to get a view of possible worms in newly dug soil when I lived in the wet Yarra Valley.  

The first two photos are great for showing up close detail but the third is perhaps a better balanced composition, in my humble opinion. 

Thanks John. Agreed re: composition CMunzel, most of the time it was too close to compose anything 🙂  This is a regular haunt for me so hopefully I'll get another chance.

• Like 1