Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf

An Eider duck Pair  Quite pleased with the captures because I have never seen one before.1136580692_DownyDuck.jpg.ef67b45d9b1ad7399f7f3898e9219418.jpg

1502768664_EiderDuck2.jpg.402ee85d4f11be3660037ba03774f2af.jpg

1750516149_EiderDuck3.jpg.4820e928e18845357a1afa1cf856e8d6.jpg

• Like 2

So that's what they look like!

Lovely images and I especially like the movement in the water in #2 and #3. Great stuff!!

Superb. Well done John.

Nice set John. Only ever seen in the wild once before - though they do have a number of them at WWT Martin Mere.

Great images! Sharp and clear. Never seen these birds before either. There must be a lot of them somewhere going by the size of the down industry worldwide.  In Victoria, every second person is wearing a down puffer jacket this winter and of course there’d be few people not sleeping under a feather/down Doona. 

Edited by CMunzel
Typo

Thanks all for the comments.  CM, apparently Iceland is the source of much of the down but from what I saw in a recent documentary, it's a bit of a cottage industry so there must be other places.