Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Slice Of Your Life 02/07/18 - 08/07/18

Just sat in the Peace & Meditation Courtyard (if Sir Philip can have a courtyard, so can we!) supping a mug of coffee and watching a fluffy one float by. Just enjoying fifteen minutes of peace before the onslaught of the supermarket run followed by Wimbledon.

Korky

Fluffy.jpg

• Like 3

Just in case you think I'm making up stories about my Wimbledon nightmare.....

This was taken about 1.15pm and it's likely to be on til close of play this evening. Then it'll be the same for the next fortnight. Honest!

Korky

Telly.jpg

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Nice Renoir 's Dance at Bougival  on the  wall... one of my favourites...

I'm keeping an eye out for the original on eBay!

Yes another day out would be good - perhaps another discussion in the Staff Room would be in order. If the usual suspects come to a decision, then everyone else can be invited.

Korky

Had a nice day out yesterday in the company of Brian and a couple of other friends from our local photography group. Visited a nice botanic gardens, which has a walk through aviary. The weather was kind to us, so we had a good day. This is just to show you what the park is like in general, and I'll put some of the pictures of birds in the nature forum.P1010658a_zpsjrv9voom.jpg

DSCN5782b.thumb.jpg.6d30a97c33175bcda2b1f5c910f31ed3.jpg

P1010681b.thumb.jpg.913274421642b502b27785b70bd9a7bc.jpg

Edited by Kobione
mis-spelling
  • Like 2

Yesterday I had another wander down to the weir at Whalley - I was hoping to get a photograph of the kingfisher... I did see it a couple of times, but too far away for a photograph and too fast as it flew upstream.

Some of the birds I did see... An Oystercatcher...

oystercatcher-9237.jpg

A Heron

heron-9304.jpg

A Black Headed Gull

black-headed-gull-9291.jpg

And a Dipper....

dipper-9281.jpg

• Like 3

Looks a s though you’ve set the world on fire with that Dee ...  These moments are often so fleeting .. a blink and the maximum intensity has gone. Sometimes you are on your own when you see something special so it’s always gratifying to  able to share the privilege, albeit later because you were cute enough to have your camera handy to record it .  Thanks for that ... colours are stunning . 

• Like 1

I'm posting all the trivial tosh and you lots are giving us arty sunsets and wildlife extravaganzas - c'mon ya gits, lets see the kids being sick in the car or the washing machine in bits on the kitchen floor. All the boring stuff, all the small stuff, all the tripe that's not even interesting enough for that Facebook thingie.

Anyone seen Sir Philip? He was here, but now he's not - maybe he's out on a big video shoot with Spielberg!

Right, I'm off to Grimshaw's corner shop for a loaf, a bag of spuds and two Vimto lollies. I'll see if Mrs Grimshaw will let me take her photo, there's a good chance if she doesn't have her curlers in.

Korky

• Like 2

One for the Korkmeister - if you really want to see some kitchen action, this was last nights tea - Cranberry and apple stuffed pork roast, with a baked onion, potatoes and green beans - yummy, and healthy:

P1010716a.thumb.jpg.ff896212e4f6cd493c4626e3d03eeda0.jpg

Yes, the freshly served plate did fog up the camera lens a bit!

Watch out for more Korky - we're off to the Dunolly Bakery today.

• Like 1

Yes, we did get to the Dunnolly Bakery where we had nice pies for lunch and took home some 'extras'. So which would you prefer, a Bee sting or a piece of Elephant's Foot:

P1010724a.thumb.jpg.40bd0db7a362f1bacc120aa63dd18cac.jpg

Edited by Kobione
mis-spelling
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kobione said:

which would you prefer, a Bee sting or a piece of Elephant's Foot

I'll have a piece of each please. And that baked onion looks a bit good an' all.

Anyroad, on to really serious matters............. I'd like you to meet Gnome.

Gnome.jpg

Gnome lived at our current address when we moved in 18 years ago, so I guess he's been here for around a quarter century. The fact is he's an ugly little blob of concrete and he deserves to go to the place where ugly little blobs go. The thing is, we can't bring ourselves to dump him. Two days ago, I took some rubbish to the tip and included Gnome with the intention of wazzing him in a skip - at last we'd be free of his grip. Couldn't do it. I brought him back home, put him back in his spot and asked him if he'd like a power wash. I'm sure the little wazzock is laughing at me.

So...... the question is, should he stay or should he go? Have a think and tomorrow I'll set up a poll.

Korky

A gnome

needs a home

somewhere to

keep him safe.

To tip the gnome

Amongst the trash

the tea-leaves

‘An the peelin’s

Will hurt

and betray

that poor 

Gome’s feelin’s

For years 

he guarded

your garden

Keep the Gnome at HOME.

FUJI

• Like 2

Save the Gnome...I did, I found mine, also an old fellow, on a disused former American bomber airfield near us. He was buried under soil that had been part of the recreation compound for the Bomber crews. I like to think he had been purloined from a nearby country house by the errant Yanks and placed somewhere in that area. He came to light when some demolition and the building of a new farm store unearthed him. He now lives happily in our small garden.gnome.thumb.jpg.45eb2b8f5c41cdc62bd0632a803d69c7.jpg

• Like 1

Today to avoid the football (and to avoid seeing the results of the UK Grand Prix Qualifying) I went to Whalley - again - today we had some actual clouds in the sky rather than the wall to wall blue sky.

Whilst having a pot of tea at the cafe at Whaley Abbey, there was a wedding on, this vintage Rolls rolled up... what surprised me more was, despite wearing a suite jacket and trousers and matching peaked hat, he had a t-shirt on.

vintage-rolls-9833.jpg

Had a wander to the and weir, spotted a mini whirlpool...

mini-whirlpool-9836.jpg

And some interesting ripple patterns...

ripples-9839.jpg

• Like 1