Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Porto at Night

johntwo

Just returned from a few days in Porto.  It's been on our bucket list for some time but Click's recent posts acted to jog our memory.  Great place - but all those hills 

These two are essentially slightly different approaches to the same theme.  Couldn't make up my mind and so I ended up posting both.

1410622116_PortoNight2.jpg.9778a1f03489c7f718629c2478ebd985.jpg

794176911_PortoNight.jpg.b2311f6ddd25e98c6c0bf8164d11c18b.jpg

A different feel to each one John ... I  just love the place ...  and your pics  brought back  memories  immediately ... I can see the little tavern we went to the first night, on the second image,  almost centre picture on the other side of the river,  behind those two trees.  Love the vibrancy of the  first  one with all the reflections  but  the second is beautifully composed and  has great perspective .....and  I  just love that  bridge !

The first for me, in the second I find that what I take to be the chimney of the lantern (though I first thought it was some kind of tank between the foreground and the bridge) interacts rather awkwardly with the bridge.

Thanks Clicker, James and Korky.  I knew what I wanted but finding the right viewpoint was difficult due to the fact that the river bends slightly at that point.

Excellent night shots, John!  

Not somewhere I've been but I agree about photos that bring back memories being special.  I prefer the first one of the two as the lantern in the foreground on the second one draws attention away from the rest of the scene and the lights aren't as bright.   (Having said that, I do prefer the sky in the second one as there is some cloud detail.)

Gareth

Beautiful night photos. I prefer the top one also as it is a more balanced composition. Like James I was confused what the lantern was at first and agree it obscures the bridge. Where is Porto?

Cheryl, it's the home of Port wine.  It's where the beverage gets its name from.  As Clicks points out, it is a beautiful City but you need your walking legs on you because both sides of the river Douro that the city is built on are hilly, quite high and quite steep.  Well worth a visit though.  It's other claim to fame is as the starting point for River cruises.

Archived