Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Posting images

7 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hi Van.....

i have an....Image Resizer ...app on my iPad Pro .....

Simply resize any too-large image to ......1055 mp on the longest size...Save As...then post on TIPF or email etc.

FUJI

Thanks for the reply 

No Van...

Everything I Shoot is Shot in RAW, so requires PS CS6    and NIK EFEX ... for this I use my high spec SONY VIAO Laptop connected to a large monitor

My iPad Pro....Iuse for browsing, emails, all Office style progs....the news....oh, not forgetting Digital Art and Animstion....

Its the best thing ever for listening to music....four incredible speakers.

hobbo

Edited by FUJI
On 13/06/2018 at 19:37, FUJI said:

No Van...

Everything I Shoot is Shot in RAW, so requires PS CS6    and NIK EFEX ... for this I use my high spec SONY VIAO Laptop connected to a large monitor

My iPad Pro....Iuse for browsing, emails, all Office style progs....the news....oh, not forgetting Digital Art and Animstion....

Its the best thing ever for listening to music....four incredible speakers.

hobbo

Your iPad can handle raw files and with apps like Lightroom Mobile you have pretty much the same controls as you have on a desktop.

4 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

Your iPad can handle raw files and with apps like Lightroom Mobile you have pretty much the same controls as you have on a desktop.

Thanks BP....That surprises me.....

Two questions before I begin trying that ...How do I get RAW pics from my cameras into my iPad Pro...and as they and the processed versions are huge where do I store them ....won’t they totally clog or slow down my iPad ?

I don’t want to faff with subscribing to mobile Photoshop or Lightroom....so have acquired AFFINITY PHOTO....to see how handling and storing RAW files goes.

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

Affinity photo is one of the reasons I’m going for a iPad Pro.  Like FUJI I have the same two questions. As a Olympus shooter I know already that I can connect up with Bluetooth for remote control of my EM1 and image sharing using my iPad mini . But it’s slow going, it’s ok for a few images. But not for batch sharing of images. And the question of external hard drive. I was hoping to use a wireless hard drive with a built in SDcard reader.

My old 2011 Mac book pro still runs light room and silver efex pro ok but it’s getting slow. I’ll be upgrading that in August, but in the meantime I was hoping the iPad Pro would fill the gap. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That looks fine to me....

As a guide....I automatically resize all of my images for posting on forums and for emailing to 300 dpi and 2000 mp on the longest side...a faultless formulae that just works.

FUJI