Black Pearl

Beadnell and Beyond.

Day off and a day free so out with a mate up to Beadnell on the Northumberland coast for a mooch with the cameras. 

On the way back we headed off the A1 in search of a WWII water tower I took a few pictures of a year r so back.

Beadnell TIPF-3.jpg

Beadnell-1.jpg

Beadnell TIPF-1.jpg

Beadnell TIPF-2.jpg

Beadnell TIPF-5.jpg

Beadnell TIPF-4.jpg

Beadnell TIPF-6.jpg

• Like 3

A nice set of images BP, worth clicking the preview to view the uncompressed image as the forum is making all images look very soft.

Just now, Ryewolf said:

A nice set of images BP, worth clicking the preview to view the uncompressed image as the forum is making all images look very soft.

Thanks mate. 

Its definitely doing something weird with images making them soft and compressing the colours. 

1 minute ago, Black Pearl said:

compressing the colours

So it wasn't just me that noticed the colours seem slightly less saturated, seems to be happening regardless of uploading to the forum or linking externally.

Lovely set but the mono is the standout for me. Brings back all sorts of memories of my prior life in Devon. One of the things I yearn for is the little coastal villages with the stone walled harbours. Another thing I've not seen since emigrating is a clinker built rowboat. I imagine they've all gone to the bottom and replaced by aluminium runabouts. I really enjoy your jaunts with your mates, BP. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 1

Great set BP, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Great set of images

• Like 1

You know me, it's the mono.  Really good conversion apart from an excellent composition. 

• Like 1

Standout image that mono ... what a fab sky Beepy too but #2  is a really classy  picture defined by superb composition and an apparent simplicity . I love the metal rings  on that concrete pier just demanding interest and attention too .... a wall hanger for me .  Mind you the selfie  confirms the tradition you have for never cracking a smile on camera .... old habits die hard eh ... 😉

• Like 1

I love the second one - it has a solitary and tranquil look about it.

• Like 1

Thanks all...

Its fun to experiment with styles so please that everyone likes different things.

FUN FACT: Beadnell's tiny quay – is the only west facing harbour on the east coast.