Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Three Variants....

Today I had a walk up where Robert 'Parsley' Peel had one of his mills... (one of his descendants became PM and founder of the Police...)

So I spotted this, I liked the unusual vertical nature of the shot, no idea what the green foliage is or the purple plants...

green-pink-7049.jpg

I thought I'd try it as a high contrast mono conversion....

bw-lines-7049.jpg

And finally, because I could, I threw the original into Topaz Studio's and twiddled with one of their Glow/Neon Presets

electric-lines-7049.jpg

I think the original works best for me.  The mono loses the contrast with the flowers -- I think it could make a good mono, but I don't know how to do it. Very processed abstract images aren't really my thing so I can't make much useful comment on the last one.

Thanks James, I did try a few different mono conversions, I think because it had that strong vertical feel it ended up being more abstract. With the last image, because the 2nd was sorta abstract anyway I went balls out abstract for the third. I come from a graphic design background so we were always encouraged to push everything as far as possible.

3 minutes ago, Korky said:

Number 3 is a deffo Marmite shot - for me it works and I like it a lot

Thanks Korky. I always feel photography and processing is a creative process and pushing things to the limit is a part of the creative process. If you take the three images as a series you can see (I hope) the logical and creative steps I used to advance from the original to the final image.

Nice to see what you have done from the original Rye -the mono one doesn't quite work for me, but I really like the last one. I could see that sitting somewhere on a wall with a suitably coloured background.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived