Sign in to follow this  
FUJI

FACES

Using the excellent Street Portraiture techniques leaned during the past few days, I managed to capture my...Sunday Morning .....characters today.

The First had just finished power-washing a large area of block paving, so was completely be-splattered....he was very happy to stop for a moment or two as I focused.

The second....iis usually reluctant to give permissions for a portrait, even though I shot his portrait a few years ago.....it was my praising of his new ..fancy-waistcoat ...that did the trick today....

I am liking this confident direct approach way of Street Portraiture ...one that I will use from now on.

FUJI

AFTER POWER WASHING  colour.jpg

AFTER POWER WASHING   mono .jpg

FANCY WAISTCOAT Portrait 1 colour.jpg

FANCY WAISTCOAT Portrait 1 mono .jpg

• Like 2

Two very nice (street?) portraits Fuji.  I am a B/W fiend but for the first one at least, I would definitely stick to colour.  The mono version is a little unflattering.

59 minutes ago, John2 said:

Two very nice (street?) portraits Fuji.  I am a B/W fiend but for the first one at least, I would definitely stick to colour.  The mono version is a little unflattering.

Thanks J2....

Those aren’t spots or acne........the poor lad had been pressure washing a very muddy area of block paving ...he was totally splattered with tiny globules of muddy water..

I must admit, that I prefer the colour version...

FUJI

8 minutes ago, FUJI said:

........the poor lad had been pressure washing a very muddy area of block paving ...he was totally splattered with tiny globules of muddy water.....................................

Been there and know the problem.  It's my job every spring and not one that I look forward to.  The reds in your conversion are quite dark.  Almost like you are applying a blue filter.

A couple of interesting street shots again FUJI, I prefer the colour image for the first and the mono for the second.