Phil

Chuffed

The new app I've been testing allows me to set a mission for the drone that will be carried out autonomously, I start the aircraft, load the mission and press Go, that's it, no further input from me. To say I was nervous is an understatement, watching my little baby effectively flying towards a river on its own is very disconcerting.

Due to me not having a clue what I was doing Monday's test was a failure, but I stuck at it and tried again yesterday, and I'm thrilled to say it worked faultlessly. Carrying out smooth manoeuvres while trying to maintain attention on a given subject is nigh on impossible manually.

So, here is my first automated flight from start to finish. It's never going to win any Oscars, apart from colour grading I've done no editing at all.
Apologies for the 360 and 720, I'm still getting to grips with how waypoints actually work. 😊 

Looks like a very smooth flight.

• Like 1

That went well Phil, I daresay you can override the app to take control again? Damn good quality video too, seems quite clear watching on my phone !

• Like 1

It looks good to me........ 😀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denis said:

I daresay you can override the app to take control again

Apparently so, if I flick the switch to Sport mode it should cancel the mission and give me control again. I suppose I ought to try it really  🙈 

Comes clear. Unfortunatley in Thailand using Drones are very limited allowed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThaiMike said:

Unfortunatley in Thailand using Drones are very limited allowed

We have a new government drone bill due anytime, I rather think it'll be a major shake down.

Nice one Phil - comes over very clear, smooth movement too.