Headed out to catch the Milky Way last night - went up to Dunstanburgh Castle on the Northumberland cost as the skies are clear or most light pollution, its a good foreground bit of interest and last night there was essentially no moon. 

Quite pleased with these as you can see the arc and even though they're noisy (mega high IOS and lots of processing) they are recognisable for what I was trying to achieve.

Castle 2.jpg

Castle_3.jpg

Quite a few satellite tracks on most the shots, you could see then moving across the sky as you stand looking up, but I missed all of the occasional shooting stars.

• Like 4

Both bl.............y gorgeous BP especially the first one.  Can't make up my mind about the torchlight in the second.

• Like 1

Fabulous  Beepy ... as John says ...  flippin' gorgeous ...well.... words to that effect ...
:whistle:

• Like 1

I think the torch lights adds to it but maybe would work better on the right pointing up left rather than left/left? But both great shots well worth the time and effort you have put in the get them.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Its a bit of a hike to get to the castle and trying guess where the arc is in the sky is tricky but well worth the effort if you get a chance.

The torch shot was a bit of a laugh as we were walking back to the car.

I like the torch shot.

• Like 1

Incredible is the only word I can find to describe these BP.

The first one is a real winner.

FUJI

• Like 1

Just awesome Beepy ... 

• Like 1

Wow!

• Like 1

Thank you

I would urge anyone who can to get away from your towns and cities just to stand and look at the night sky - it never fails to amaze.