JamesT

A few more IR shots

More from Combe Gibbet / Buttermere (the one on the Berks/Wilts border not the lake) .  Same setup, Bronica ETRS and Rollei IR400

A old oak (40mm lens, 1/8s, f/8)

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.baced4771ee8e88be52c1d91d11aef38.jpg

A stand of beeches --  a very strong Wood effect on this one. (75mm, 1/8, f/11)

IMG_0008.thumb.jpg.7d382e048c261508eb7a4d0858b9623a.jpg

The gibbet itself -- it was used only once, in the 17-century, to display an adulterous  couple who had murdered her husband. It can be seen for many miles around. (40mm, 1/15, f/11)

IMG_0011.thumb.jpg.0873d433b24afc4da6ece0963777eac0.jpg

And a tree and puddle (40mm, 1/8, f/8)

IMG_0013.thumb.jpg.8bdbf678ab784826fd7a88c318713ad3.jpg

Edited by JamesT
  • Like 2

1, 2, 4 then 3 for me.  The first one is particularly attractive.

Really like # 1 James...  Super the way the branches  form a lovely filigree  pattern ...and  the path and fence line  draws us into the picture ...Initially i wondered about the  branch in the top left  but it really does help with the balance and doesn't detract the eye as i imagined it would ..,  Nice set   but #1 is the one for me..

Snap John !

Number one is the pick for me - lovely perspective, leads my eye beautifully into the beyond.

I've always had a liking for I.R. and I love the name Combe Gibbet, too.

Korky

9 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Initially i wondered about the  branch in the top left  but it really does help with the balance and doesn't detract the eye as i imagined it would ..,

I had the same thought when taking the shot, but since the 40mm is the widest lens I have for that camera [*] I couldn't get any closer without losing too much of the target tree.

[*] I'm not sure that there are wider lenses -- if there are they are rare and expensive.

5 minutes ago, Korky said:

I've always had a liking for I.R

I'm still very much learning what does and doesn't work. That's only the third roll I've shot -- great thing about doing IR on film is you don't need an expensive camera modification and the Rollei film is a similar price to most B&W films.

I also took a version of #1 on normal film, with a green filter (which also usually separates foliage from bark), but it's nowhere near as convincing -- partly the light direction and also the haze which was a major problem that day.

IMG_0015s.jpg.1aeb9a4df36a6b9e1a8356389ed896b8.jpg

An interesting bunch of images, I'm liking the first 2 they remind me of winter scenes for some reason.

11 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I'm liking the first 2 they remind me of winter scenes for some reason.

I think it's the white grass. The last one is the one I thought looked like a snow scene.

A very interesting set of images, 1 being my overall favourite 😀