Ryewolf

Flying Scotsman - A Sequence of Three

3 Shots, taken at the same place today using my big Sigma 150-600mm lens at Townsend Fold, because I couldn't decide which I liked I thought I'd see what others preferred...

Taken 15 shots apart from first to last

flying-scotsman-3394.jpg

flying-scotsman-3400.jpg

flying-scotsman-3409.jpg

• Like 3

What a fabulous set Rye ... beautifully presented and the colours look great 👍

Thanks Clicker, it was a really nice day despite the weather forecast from the day before saying rain in the morning, we ended up having lovely blue skies all day.... these were from later in the afternoon so we had lots of lights and shadows...so made it tricky, but when it went right it was really good.....

All 3 are very good but I'd have to go with the first, the train emerging from around the bend and not obscuring the signal box make for a very nostalgic and tranquil scene.

Agree ..the first is outstanding ..

First shot for me, too - the signal box looks great and the whole image has the feeling of a bygone age.

Nice work!

Korky

Beautiful. The first one. The house, I don't know how it call, makes the photo amazing

Thanks Phil, Clicker, Korky and Mike.

20 hours ago, ThaiMike said:

The house, I don't know how it call

This is the signal box, it's used to control to signals on either side to let trains know it's safe to cross the road. The signalman closes the gate on the road to allow trains to pass, he also controls the signals which give advance warning to the train drivers as to whether to continue or stop. There is one on either side of the signal box.

• Thanks 1

I could have sworn that I had commented on this.  Must have forgotten to upload it.  It's the first one for me.  Absolutely classic.

Thanks John, it is a sorta classic shot on the ELR, there's also a spot further up the line near the signals were you can get the signal box and cottages that are opposite.

Very nice shooting...

Thanks JHF.