Been having a play.  PP'd from a slightly boring original street scene.

2041554098_AfterMidnight2.thumb.jpg.1af2cef6240394ab590c6f733dd2371e.jpg

In response to Clicker's request, the straight out of the camera image.

2056401878_AfterMidnightoriginal.thumb.jpg.973e89e70cbbd69b759a97e7d2a0a036.jpg

Edited by johntwo
  • Like 1

That looks effective John.... might you consider. The original being posted so that we can appreciate  all the little nuances necessary to make the change believable ... like the light on the cobbles and the. White House and the cat (? ... was he planted) and tha shadows.. ....my only nitpick might be that the cloud passing in front of the moon shouldn’t be rendering the whole of its outline as blurry.  ..But it’s just the smallest of nitpicks 😉

Not a problem.  Added it to the original post.

Edited by johntwo

Super job John...shows just how much attention to detail is required to keep it real .

Lovely work. The cat makes it, as does the lit window. Looks like diagon alley!!!

Really like the work John, just not sure it needs the moon which pulls the eye away from the other details. How about a 'waning crescent' moon - less is more and all that?

Thanks all for the comments.

Colin, the moon was there to  illuminate the scene.  I darkened the LHS of the street to create some shadow and added some shine to the road surface and it needed to come from somewhere.  I didn't think in terms of a waning moon but I suspect it  would have looked odd in terms of brightness.  None the less, I can see what you mean and putting it lower and more towards the centre might have made the difference.   I don't know?  However, having looked at a couple of moon images since your comment, I have realised that the moon itself should show some shading towards the inner crescent.  Would have been easy enough to do but you live and learn I guess.