vanguard

stamford hall VW show

Nice set Mr Vanguard, I'm always a sucker for a VW Camper pic.

• Like 1

Such an iconic  vehicle ... the aqua coloured one in the first pic ..... I want it !!!!!!😎 So cool ...

• Like 1

Ye God’s is Stamford VW Show still going?

I used to take our 1966 Beetle there every year when the kids were in middle school......I was a total VW Nutter back then, when a full time memb=ber of the Coventry and Warwickshire Club, later amalgamated with the Leicestershire Club I think....

fantastic fun.....took part in quite a few quirky events.....I Once won the......Guess Your Turning Circle....competition....

Never fancied joining those daft beggars attempting the world record fir the number of people a Beetle could take inside.

I wonder if they still do the ....Record.....Engine Change Challenge.

Pair of Beetles drive on to boards....on a signal....engine out......the driver and passenger drop engine out.....rest three minutes....whistle blows.....Engine back in.....first to drive off is the winner....The world record was won at just 4 minutes ( yes just 4 ) for both engine out-then-engine in. A remarkable thing to witness.

One of the guys took real risks as he/she, laid underneath the heavy jacked up engine, then both  risked fingers as spanners flew to deal with bolts and hot parts.

Later we enjoyed owning a 1973 Camper.....it was only after setting up my Toy-Making business that we left the clubs and events held at Stoneleigh/Stamford and Stafford Show-ground.

I actually cried when I sold my faithful old Camper....

FUJI

( Currently taking a breather from TIPF as I adjust to the changes.....its and age thing, I think...) 

I'll have the one in pic 2 - what a superb vehicle!

Korky

• Like 1

Nice set of images, the one in the last image is interesting with the front windows that lift up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FUJI said:

Ye God’s is Stamford VW Show still going?

I used to take our 1966 Beetle there every year when the kids were in middle school......I was a total VW Nutter back then, when a full time memb=ber of the Coventry and Warwickshire Club, later amalgamated with the Leicestershire Club I think....

fantastic fun.....took part in quite a few quirky events.....I Once won the......Guess Your Turning Circle....competition....

Never fancied joining those daft beggars attempting the world record fir the number of people a Beetle could take inside.

I wonder if they still do the ....Record.....Engine Change Challenge.

Pair of Beetles drive on to boards....on a signal....engine out......the driver and passenger drop engine out.....rest three minutes....whistle blows.....Engine back in.....first to drive off is the winner....The world record was won at just 4 minutes ( yes just 4 ) for both engine out-then-engine in. A remarkable thing to witness.

One of the guys took real risks as he/she, laid underneath the heavy jacked up engine, then both  risked fingers as spanners flew to deal with bolts and hot parts.

Later we enjoyed owning a 1973 Camper.....it was only after setting up my Toy-Making business that we left the clubs and events held at Stoneleigh/Stamford and Stafford Show-ground.

I actually cried when I sold my faithful old Camper....

FUJI

( Currently taking a breather from TIPF as I adjust to the changes.....its and age thing, I think...) 

yep still going 42nd year i think. it still gets a massive turn out as well, so big this year we never got all the way around. we go in our T5 with a local club its always a great day.

2 hours ago, Korky said:

I'll have the one in pic 2 - what a superb vehicle!

Korky

good choice. that'll be the thick end of 50k please :)

23 hours ago, vanguard said:

that'll be the thick end of 50k please

Wow, that's twice as much as I paid for my house 17 years ago......

51 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

Wow, that's twice as much as I paid for my house 17 years ago......

I know what you mean. Nice but that’s stupid money.

Nice shots. Not a fan of them myself but a friend made his living rebuilding VW camper engines, never short of work.