Stravinsky

Birmingham Victorian Canal

Went back to Birmingham City last night to capture this tunnel without loads of photographers milling around

It was a bit scary at 10 pm on my own, my back was turned to a small walkway which was a blind alley and I couldnt see any distance to check if anyone was coming up behind me

The shot was a little rushed therefore, I probably only spent 5 minutes there.  I'm relatively pleased with the result compared to my last attempt

Tunnel.jpg

• Like 3

Im considering cropping out the two arches to the right

17 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

Im considering cropping out the two arches to the right

I guess there'd be arguments either way. Whatever you decide the image will never be balanced due to the walkway on the left, I think I'd be inclined to leave it as-is. A mono version has to be on the way, surely? 👍 

I can imagine it was very eerie, but you've come away with an excellent image that's full of detail.

• Thanks 1

Leave it as it is, a very good image...........

• Thanks 1

The composition is good.  The problem for me is the burned out highlights at the edges of the image.  This is too good to lose and so rather than fiddle with it, it might worth another go but tripod mount two exposure, one general like this and the second spot metered on the lights.  Place the first over the second in PP and cut through to the  properly exposed bright areas.   It would be worth it because the colours are stunning.

• Thanks 1

Yes, they are very bright lights.  I wasnt going to hang around there too long, it was a bit worrying.  I may get the chance to go back with backup, but when your hanging around places like that on your own with £5k's worth of equipment with you its a bit unnerving 😄

I like it the way it is.... I was going to say, it doesn't look like the place you'd want to hang around for too long at night, on your own with a load of expensive camera gear....

• Thanks 1

Again, leave it, its perfect to me too.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

......................................................................................................... but when your hanging around places like that on your own with £5k's worth of equipment with you its a bit unnerving 😄

................. been there and I wasn't underground so I know what you mean.

• Like 1

Spot on,awesome shot. Well done.

• Thanks 1