Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Calm Waters.

johntwo

Don't you just love an image that  tells a story ... or asks a question ...I mean  has someone fallen overboard ...  ?  OR  were they pushed .....  or has it broken away from it's moorings leaving someone stranded somewhere ...???

Lovely clear  reflections  John  and  nicely  positioned and composed ...

31 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Don't you just love an image that  tells a story ... or asks a question

It does, hence my original question, I'm thinking this is a reservoir or lake rather than river - the waters look too still for a river, which brings me back to my first question, how the owner gets out to the boat? Of course John could have asked the owner to duck down whilst taking this photo!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments.  As to the story, it's actually the Atlantic Ocean on one of it's more benign days.  To be fair, it is at the inland end of a fairly substantial creek.  It was taken just after sunrise in a place called Shelburne in Nova Scotia.  If you look on google maps for the water front, you will see the Shelburne County Museum and if you zoom in further, directly in front of it is the Dory Shop Museum.  Shop refers to workshop.  It's a living Museum where they still build Dories by traditional methods.  Zoom in further to street level and you can see the Dory in question moored off shore.  As to how you get to it, I guess they have plenty of other Dories to row out to it.  It was taken just before breakfast.  We were staying in a B&B called the Cooper's Inn just down the road, claimed to be the oldest surviving building in Town.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived