Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

USAF V22 osprey

vanguard

15 minutes ago, kev7d said:

Strange looking machine.  

Yeah, sort of aeroplane / helicopter hybrid. The USMC use them a fair bit I believe. There have been a few incidents with them in the past, so they j=have never really taken off (fnar fnar) as expected. 

A bit like a propeller powered Harrier in use I think...but much noisier.....I would imagine that pilot training must be pretty special.....just like the guys who flew the Harriers.....so much to think about.

Wonderful shots....love aircraft....don’t like flying.

FUJI

15 hours ago, FUJI said:

A bit like a propeller powered Harrier in use I think...but much noisier.....I would imagine that pilot training must be pretty special.....just like the guys who flew the Harriers.....so much to think about.

Wonderful shots....love aircraft....don’t like flying.

FUJI

Believe it or not but their not that noisy. Well no where near as noisy as a harrier. They fly all over the uk using our ranges and low fly zones. But mainly over the east coast. Our special forces and theirs are often seen using them. With the right radar apps/ websites you can follow them. I’ve followed them as they fly from mildenhall to Hereford to the sas. They’re common sight over Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. But still rather see a harrier scream across our sky’s.

Thanks Van.....

We live right under the late landing approach ....or take-off paths depending on wind direction or noise pollution regs.....or they are just switched about.....so Passenger aircraft at 1500 to 3000 ft all day long including the Dubai Airbus A 380 s three times a day....in and out....that is a sight to see and to listen to.

The only military aircraft ...sadly once very regular, now occasionally are the Hospital? aircraft bringing service patients in to a Birmingham hospital....a very, very occasional twin rotor Chinook might be on a promotional visit .... 

The odd air ambulance, private helicopter or plane.....two noisy, dirty Antanovs ....

But mostly is regular air traffic on a repeating seasonal timetable....

I do have the....Flight-radar...app....it is always interesting to keep up with what is coming or going..

FUJI

11 minutes ago, John2 said:

Nice series Van.  It makes you wonder what these have over a standard helicopter.  I'm guessing it's speed in horizontal flight or can they also carry a greater load?

Range and speed mainly and certainly load over a single rotor helicopter. I believe it can fly higher and and be refuelled at higher altitudes as well. If you look closely you’ll see a 50 cal machine gun set up in the back for close support. They use the 50 cal on Raf hollbeach range on a regular basis. 

Archived