Stopped off on the way into work to grab a few shots on the National Glass Centre roof.

It was grey, misty, cold and a bit damp - so - monochrome was the order of the day.

Roof 1.jpg

Roof 3.jpg

Used the Fuji Remote app on my phone to trigger the camera and make sure I was where I wanted to be in the shot
Roof 2.jpg

• Like 4

The last one with dodgy looking geezer is the best of this nice bunch.   

• Haha 1

Love all those lines and angles and reflections - you're right, a great day for black and white.

One thing puzzles me, though...... How do you manage to look so bright and cheerful all the time? Brightened my day and no mistake :whistle:

Korky

• Like 1

Interesting looking building, the weather certainly doesn't look in your favour!

• Like 1

I really like the geometry.  Nicely captured.  The wet did you a real favour with the reflections particularly in the last one.  Lens?

Edited by John2
  • Like 1

A great set of images there BP, I'm now wondering why there was a lady playing a violin on the roof???

• Like 1

........in the rain too Rye.  Most unusual. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Korky said:

Love all those lines and angles and reflections - you're right, a great day for black and white.

One thing puzzles me, though...... How do you manage to look so bright and cheerful all the time? Brightened my day and no mistake :whistle:

Korky

I'm just a naturally happy person....mostly on the inside I'll admit :w00t:

12 hours ago, John2 said:

I really like the geometry.  Nicely captured.  The wet did you a real favour with the reflections particularly in the last one.  Lens?

Aye, the wet and misty day was why I went there, thought it might isolate the building a little and increase the reflections.
First and last were shot using a Samyang 12mm f2 - forgot to stop it down on the first hence the soft left hand side - while the middle shot is with my 18-55mm.

10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

A great set of images there BP, I'm now wondering why there was a lady playing a violin on the roof???

Its a bloke - he turned up with his missus, played the violin for a few minutes while she took a few pictures then as I was about to pluck up the courage and ask if I could take a portrait they wandered off.......nowt so queer as folk.