Sign in to follow this  
John2

Scots Guardsman Steaming Through Horton in Ribblesdale.

A bit of a dull day so I've applied a Topaz filter and warmed it slightly.  Wanted a sort of  1930/40/50's BR poster look.

5ad09608e4633_GuardsmanClarityColourandContrastboost.thumb.jpg.aae9b1237d697592c4e382a7498b5c49.jpg

Edited by John2
  • Like 1

Lovely image, I like the effect you have produced there. 

It's like when you see an old film in Technicolour ... all of a sudden you realise just how vibrant colour can be.
I think you stopped at just the right point with your processing ... lovely, punchy colour and detail.

Very nice, well done.................

Thanks Rick,Thanks Jaqui, thanks JH.  Jaqui, I must admit that I tossed up between the original version and this.  Brightness can be over done but it was such a dull day and the setting seemed to deserve a bit more.

For me I don't think hits the standard that you have shown in some of your recent images displayed here John. I cannot help but thinking you have lost a bit of detail? Some lovely colours mind you.

Thanks Kev.  The loss of detail was deliberate in that I applies a Topaz filter in trying to produce the poster effect that I talked about.  The original is quite sharp but dull.

• Like 1

I got you.  👍