Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stairway to ...............

johntwo

I may make two points

1) loose the vignette lets see it without please, the walls look to be cream, if you need to dodge/burn or clone of marks I think it would look so much better than the vignette.

2) 2nd step is slightly off horizontal, as it is in prime view I wonder if the image might benefit from pulling bottom left with the distort tool in PS or maybe just a slight rotation if you are not using PS.

BUT -I realise the vertical is vertical which is why I suggest the distort tool. Also removing the vignette might not make the step so 'in your face' so no.1 might cure no.2.

Finally - An interesting image that in general I really like, thanks for showing it.

Thanks all for your comments.  As I said, This was an attempt to produce something that would look right on the wall.  It hasn't got there yet. :12_slight_smile:

Jaqui, I know what you mean but I wanted a totally abstract image for the above reasons.

Colin.  I totally agree with you wrt the perspective corrections.  I ended up having to use Warp to achieve something near, but the absence of the vignette, to me, makes the image look a bit mundane.  I have reprocessed it and posted it below.  See what you think.  (the walls were grey BTW)

5acf231165347_Stairnovignette.jpg.fd4dfdd38c56e6297d2c18267df722a4.jpg 

steps.jpg.df2d6dab209a35d9452c9817e0155012.jpgI think you need to push the curves on that second one John

I did wonder rather than the light vignette if you pushed the slider the other way you might see more texture, as you have 'yes' ticked on edit I thought I would go, but we all see things different. 

Thanks Colin.  I have no problem with edits.  I think your version is a tat over saturated but I think a little more contrast might benefit my second version.  However the point of the negative vignette was to try and produce a more arty feel because as I said originally, printing and hanging this as a print is what I had in mind.  I'm still waiting for permission. :(

On 14/04/2018 at 09:56, John2 said:

Thanks Colin.  I have no problem with edits.  I think your version is a tat over saturated but I think a little more contrast might benefit my second version.  However the point of the negative vignette was to try and produce a more arty feel because as I said originally, printing and hanging this as a print is what I had in mind.  I'm still waiting for permission. :(

the edit was more about the vignette and a 5 min edit before I went over to Lincoln, I wasn't really referring to colour but I have desaturated the image.

Archived