For many years now Ive been using PS with NIK & Topaz for processing shots, never took much notice of adjustment layers.

Now I signed up with Phlearn and learning all kinds of useful things

This processed in CS6 with adjutment layers only - so much more flexibility 

Praguebridgelayers432A3456website.jpg

• Like 3

I am using Phlearn to try to learn how to use PS properly. I love the sky, and the foreground on this, I think the centre section could be a little brighter, and the left hand hill / tree area could be lifted a bit. The light in the water is superb. 

• Thanks 1

Great image and splendid colours. But there are some rather worrying JPEG artefacts around the edges of the buildings and in the flatter pats of the sky and the water.

• Thanks 1

First time using this method so I guess I have some way to go before I perfect it ..... tried one other image and having a look at it now, there were no issues with it ... suspect it's because of the greater contrast on this one between sky and city

@JamesT I see what you mean, especially on the buildings to the right.  Never happened on the original non layer one :-( 

Edited by Stravinsky

.............beautiful colour though.   

• Like 1

Always good to learn something new Mr Strav and a good image to use. Next step look at curves and levels and maybe even filter/de-speckle, but well done so far.

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Those sky colours reflected in the water look terrific.

Korky

2 hours ago, colinb said:

Always good to learn something new Mr Strav and a good image to use. Next step look at curves and levels and maybe even filter/de-speckle, but well done so far.

I think the key here is going to be method of selection to isolate the layers. I think it worked with the other image, as I said, the image is a bit more of a challenge with the contrasts on the Prague shot 

Bridge9738website.jpg