Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Three Cups

kev7d

9 hours ago, Rick448 said:

Nice lighting Kev, do you have a studio where you set these shots up?

Thanks Rick.  For this one I used an off camera flash through an umbrella. This was located over to the right to create the shadow inside the cup. 

12 hours ago, Rick448 said:

Nice lighting Kev, do you have a studio where you set these shots up?

I use a simple set up for the confines of home Rick. Everything packs away neatly. Off camera flash sits behind the umbrella. I adjust the intensity of the flash light to suit by adjusting flash strength and also the distance of the flash to the subject etc. The umbrella nicely softens the harsh light of the flash.

28032223703_3765ca529b_b.jpg

Technically very good indeed - I think anyone asking you to do this for a catalogue or a web page page would be chuffed to bits with this. But....

Isn't there always a but?

But, I also think that you might have been a little more creative with the PP and given it an edge that would make it more of a photograph and less of a product shot.

Korky

Yeah..... I couldn't honestly say 'here's what I would've done' and then gone on to give you a lecture on creative cup photography. It's just that I feel summat's missing.

But..... Like I said, technically very good indeed.

Korky

33 minutes ago, Korky said:

Yeah..... I couldn't honestly say 'here's what I would've done' and then gone on to give you a lecture on creative cup photography. It's just that I feel summat's missing.

But..... Like I said, technically very good indeed.

Korky

I actually quite like it Korky. But, and this is why I like tipf so much, its just great to get some feedback that makes me think about other options. I like comments that get me thinking. Now I am going revisit this one in the future and see what else I can come with. 

Just now, kev7d said:

I have fond this site to be a good resource:

http://strobist.blogspot.co.uk/2006/03/lighting-101-umbrellas.html

I have quite a bit of lighting gear, but never seem to make the most of it. Probably because it takes me ages to get it to of the room it is stored in into the area I want to take the shots. I really need to sort my garage out and store it there, rather than in the third floor man cave. I'll check this site out, thanks Kev.

Not as easy as you might think and a vey nice result.  My wife is a potter (or Ceramic Artiste as she prefers to describe it  :whistle:).  She attends a workshop at the local Uni and every year has to re apply for a place.  I end up producing the portfolio of work for the application and have to resort to just using the light coming in through the conservatory roof and a lot of post processing.  A studio setup is a foreign country to me.

Archived