Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

TIPF Big Day Out 2018 - Lincoln

After the success of the previous two TIPF Big Days Out (or 3 if we count the rain stopped play Buxton Day out), here we are for our 3rd Big Day Out.

This is year it will be at Lincoln on the Sat 16th June 2018, time 10am (approx) meeting at the Stokes High Bridge Café - a Tudor building built on a medieval Bridge.

I've never been to Lincoln, but I know there's a Castle, a Cathedral, a Bishops Palace, Marina, a Windmill, a river, windy olde world streets as well as the usual opportunities to photograph fellow TIPF members photographing each other.

Obviously I'm in again for this one and I think Kev has also definitely committed to this one.

So stick you name in this post, if you fancy coming along... Or add suggestions for places to go and see...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The market square is a nice place all roads lead up to it 
It has the cathedral at one end and the castle at the other 

The castle is expensive to enter last year it was £12 each and in my opinion photographically maybe not worth it unless there is something going on in there The center is all grass there may be good views from the walls but as I didnt bother going round them so I dont know  

Car parking is a nightmare the best bet is to find a side street south of the castle and walk back 
There are pubs cafes and public toilets (close to the castle entrance) in the market square 
Look forward to your images of it 

• Like 1

I don't think this is getting nearly enough attention stuck here in the Latte Lounge ... I for one rarely  click on here so I suspect quite a few others are the same  and are not seeing this .......

Maybe a few cross references and a link to this page from the banter box / chatroom every week  AND a post linking to here in the Admin area  will catch peoples attention. Even maybe Colinb who lives nearby could post a pic of Lincoln Cathedral in the images section showing the potential for  great images for us all and refer and link that to the  Latte Lounge  post.   Also  I do think some help and guidance might be helpful from any local  members regarding  postcodes etc for suitable car parks as I know it can be difficult ...  Thanks for  getting this underway Rye   .. Unfortunately I am taking a break for a month due to some family issues and will be unable to help organise  this with you Rye   and  am not able to say yet if I can come  but if I can I will     Good luck with it guys :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

If you can get to the north east of the cathedral and onto Nettleham Rd after north gate or roads off such as the grove there are no parking restrictions on these roads (or at least last August} The benefit is you are at the top of the hill so walking anywhere around the castle / cathedral is on the same level 

Google maps will show you where I mean 

• 1 month later...

Anyone that can make it should, it's a great photo opportunity, unfortunately, most of my days out are on a mobility scooter, the one i could take to Lincoln in the car boot would never cope with the hills. 

If anyone is staying overnight a nice shot used to be the cathedral taken standing near the castle entrance after dark.