Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Trying to find love...

So you probably all know I love my Fuji X-T1 and I shoot with it on an almost daily basis....Fuji also make a X-Pro series which for various reasons I've never liked.

Well a X-Pro2 got traded in on Thursday and it would have been rude not to take the opportunity so its in my camera bag for the next couple of days....I still don't like it.

Why don't I like it?
Its a bit of a brick to look at, its a bit of a brick to hold, the viewfinder (in EVF mode) is crap compared to the one fitted to the T bodies, the screen doesn't articulate - AARRGGHH - and the ISO selector while a nice throw-back to days of yore is in practice a bit stupid. That said the new 24mp sensor is a step up from the one in mine and I've had fun shooting with it on a couple of family dog walks.

Friday teatime up on Cleadon Hills:
Provia Mill FB.jpg

Acros Tree FB.jpg

Acros Pony FB.jpg

Pony Star FB.jpg

Fluffy Mutt FB.jpg

Today on the beach at South Shields:
XPro2-1.jpg

XPro2-3.jpg

XPro2-5.jpg

XPro2-6.jpg

Did I mention its weather sealed...
Wet Wet Wet.jpg

Yep! 

I see what you mean about it bring a bit of a brick BP...... But surely it is results that count too ?

The X Pro 2 is producing the goods.....as would any camera in your capable hands.....that is the key I think ?......any camera is capable of producing a good shot in experienced hands.

What you are saying here, is that the photographs produced are fine, but the design, ergonomics and controls aren’t up to your expectations.......it certainly looks very wet there, so I’m guessing that it is storm proofed ?.....which could be why it has been designed like that ?   All those water-seals.

I go out on regular shoots with my Leica owning buddy......He has allowed me to take a few shots with it, but I found it, very heavy, unwieldy  and, brick-like....despite that, it obviously oozes quality of manufacture .....his Leica lenses can’t be faulted.

I can’t believe either that his Leica doesn’t have Auto-Focus, so whilst he is focussing I might have take half a dozen frames even without the burst setting.

I will say here, that my recently acquired GX8 to me, is the near perfect camera, for what I do, including being shower-proof....what I do love is the amazing 12-60 kit lens, and the fact that I can use all my vintage lenses with ease.....in effect, turning it into a poor man’s Leica that requires all that manual input.

I have never owned a full-frame digital camera, and don’t feel inclined to get one, because it would mean a new set of lenses.

I would jump at the chance of a GX8 which was fully waterproofed though.....please let me know, when Panasonic produces one....?

FUJI

Cheers guys

I can't fault the quality of the results or its performance or its build quality....its definitely weather sealed....but I can't get along with the design. If all you use is a couple of mid-length primes then the OVF is kinda cool but for everything else the T bodies wipe the floor with it. Anyhoo after a couple of days having a play its back in the shop and I'm back with the trusty T1.

34 minutes ago, kev7d said:

The T's look much nicer!   Not that I am biased in anyway!   :10_wink:

The Fuji group on FB is rabidly keen on the pro with users convinced its better built and more ergonomic. Don't see it myself but the fixed screen and crappy EVF make it a no for me regardless.

38 minutes ago, kev7d said:

Any thoughts on the X H1 yet?

We've two on order so haven't had a 'hands on' yet.

Not convinced I want a bigger mirrorless camera and the lack of a exposure comp dial is a BIG negative but the IBIS appeals for all the vintage lenses I shoot with and even the 35mm f1.4 would be fun to use with the extra stability. If the X-T3 gets IBIS I'll be all over it like a rash.

The size was my thought. Interested to hear what its like though. Not that I am rushing out to buy one.

More glass for me now. Thinking about one of them primes. I would like the 10 - 24 too at some point. I will have  to park these thoughts up for a few months though whilst I get some pennies together.

Archived