The saga continues, I've now reversed the Raynox and I think it gives a better image. Reversing involved a whole new set of stepping rings reversing rings and extension tubes - 8 extension rings, 3 stepping rings, 2 filter rings with glass removed, while I had it all apart I fitted 5 light baffles - great fun...

2018-03-09 17-09-02 (C)1.jpg

• Like 3

Erm .... you lost me after 8 extension rings Andy ..I just cannot believe the clarity  you have achieved  there .... and  that really will give me nightmares ... I cant undo seeing that  ....arghhhhhh!

• Haha 1

Weary!

You have ...Cracked it....this Macro lark...amazing stuff.

Spring and Summer are on the way, so no shortage of opportunities soon......can’t wait!

FUJI

• Like 1

I don't understand the technicalities either, but I do understand this is first class macro work!

Korky

• Like 1

The eyes are something else!

• Like 1

Nice one, I did a similar shot using a Laowa 60mm 2:1 super macro with Canon EP25 tube + Canon EP12 Tube using a macro rail for focus. The problem with the Laowa lens is that it's full manual and getting focus at this distance can be tricky....

• Like 1

Fantastic detail, well done in keeping going until you got a result like that!

• Like 1

Well done Andy. Not just great detail, the lighting is spot-on too. :1311_thumbsup_tone2: