Took a stroll around Bradgate Park, Leicester on Wednesday. It was formerly the estate of the Grey family and the home of the tragic Lady Jane Grey. The ruins of the house seem to be an appropriate memorial to the nine days queen.

_MG_6844.thumb.jpg.49071870d4020f971d009967c6e19d44.jpg

_MG_6877.thumb.jpg.9027bd8b9a080d0055190cccbd7764d0.jpg

_MG_6852.thumb.jpg.09e26a4a5cc956b2e7273d3ed5f7af78.jpg

_MG_6815-Edit.thumb.jpg.a941072c8bded0575a2bdf9d3a9e805f.jpg

Nice set David. From the set, number one is my pick.

Thanks Kev. I liked No 1 too but the one I was most pleased with was no 2 because it was the first time I had a decent result from a long exposure.

• Like 1

Hi David ..Nice to see you with us again.. A very nice set as Kev said ... The last one appeals  most   ... a bit of a  wuthering heights  feel about it .... but I appreciate you are pleased with the long exposure  on the second one ... are those gulls /birds perhed in a row in the background ?

Hello Polly, thank you for your comments. Yes, took me a while to train those gulls to sit still for 8 seconds but it was worth it. Hadn't thought of the Wuthering Heights similarity but I see what you mean.

• Haha 1

I'd have to pick shot 2 as my favourite - I really love the composition.

Welcome back, btw - great to see you posting again.

Korky

As said, I like the set, first and second ones for me. Spent many an hour wandering Bradgate park with the dogs when we lived in Leicester, good to see it again.

• Like 1

A nice set of images, the forth one reminds (without the naked portrait) of a photograph that GemRaid mentioned in a post, photographed by Anne W Brigman and called "Soul of the blasted pine"

Very nice set David - I always like pictures of castles or historic homes because it's something we can't really get to see over here, so #1 for me, but I do like your water shot as well.