kev

Weekly challenge #140 is rusty ..Voting Closed

Choose Your Favourite  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This week' challenge #140 is RUSTY now voting

Interpret  however you wish,

Old or new images, post your entries by midnight (GMT) on Friday 9th March. We'll then have a vote to determine a winner.

Cheers Kev

• Like 2

1956 steam laundry van.

rust-web.jpg

• Like 2

An old one of Tommy, a statue to commemorate the end of the great war, situated at Seaham on the Durham coast

It seems I don't have a photo of "the rusty fairy", so that will need to be a trip out

TIPF52bu (8 of 5).jpg

• Like 4

The Building of a Nation.

5E549F45-73F4-478B-BF0D-BD6BD3155BDC.jpeg

• Like 3

The Doctor's Car, Oradour-sur-Glane

15209144823_2b56b66417_b.jpg

• Like 4

The stove:

IMG_8915.thumb.jpg.9e2e9f5fe4594f70c2c3c26ce8a0ddf5.jpg

all that remains of an abandoned homestead in the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico

• Like 1

Th' Owd Clunker

Clunker.jpg

• Like 1

Wheels anyone?:

DSCN1196a.jpg.0a6cb839fcf21b49acab138d4858a8b8.jpg

• Like 3

Long defunct petrol station in Bodie, a ghost town in a remote corner of California. 

P1030555.JPG

• Like 1

Pair of rusty old cans from Yorkshire Sculpture Park

YSP246-1-Edit.thumb.jpg.e4b6f737fa631bec5a928eb0286ee2f4.jpg

MY ENTRY AT 23.51... Now withdrawn

5aa31e4de9853_P1360740ed2s.jpg.d733ad071ee4e24fe4acef22618599b1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did enter my  pic before the midnight deadline but the voting had already been opened... I have asked Kev to add my name ....Update .. I have withdrawn my entry .... see below .Good luck everyone:clover:

Well it appears that 4 votes have ready been registered  so rather than add it now I am withdrawing my entry  to avoid the hassle and confusion . Please, in future do not open the poll before the deadline  expires folks ...  thanks . 

Hi and sorry for all the agro, I posted the poll early as I had to be up at 5 am on Saturday, and have a very busy day today, so would not have had chance to do it today. As well as my laptop is buggered so having to do it on my phone?

Kev 

• Thanks 1

I would not worry about it Kev.  ?

• Like 1

If you ever get stuck Kev just ask for a Mod to set up the poll ...It doesn't have to be set up and done immediately after midnight as we have a whole week in which to vote  .Usually  Rye and I keep an eye on it as we are usually up till  the early hours:lol:  .... I was away celebrating my Golden Wedding Anniversary during the week so I didn't get the chance to post till I got back home.. Anyway ... looks like there plenty of entries for your subject  which seems to have been very popular ... 

Kev7d I was intrigued  by your entry so I googled it ...interesting story

https://www.scrapbookpages.com/Oradour-sur-Glane/Tour/Ruins/OldCars.html

• Thanks 1

It’s a sobering place Polly.   

Important  to remember eh... I had not heard of this particular  piece of history so thanks for  posting that ..It's amazing what information a weekly challenge can throw up ...one learns about  stuff in  most unusual places.

It is an interesting place to visit Polly.  There was an exhibition on display that showed individual photographs of a lot of the poor people that were murdered.  Where there was no image there was just a name and an age.   School children to grandparents.  I left that with watery eyes.  It is important to remember.   

On 10/03/2018 at 10:23, Clicker said:

MY ENTRY AT 23.51... Now withdrawn

5aa31e4de9853_P1360740ed2s.jpg.d733ad071ee4e24fe4acef22618599b1.jpg

Pity it was late, Clicker, cos it was my favourite. My partner, who is a collector of rusty objects, reckoned it was a top photo.

Thanks Cheryl ... 😉

Looks like we have a tie again....oops I am setting up the tiebreak for Kev ...between him and Kobione , but I can't seem to be able to delete  their original votes ...Are you still up Rye ?

Sorry ... here is the screen shot of the results at midnight ...

5aac6aa06486d_weeklypoll16march.png.464a49c1c8ae6208bb5e5fb4eb74dca4.png

OK ..I have set up a poll with the old votes now deleted ...  but  can't get the submit vote option  to show .... grrrr