A shot from a long walk today, sometimes the light makes you work hard for an image but on another day I think I will be rewarded with better images.

Ghostly Shore.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think there's much wrong with the light, but it feels a little claustrophobic to me - maybe a slightly wider lens would work better here (unless there's things you don't want in the shot of course).

• Thanks 1

That's a nice image, beats the totally flat beaches that are near me, you've even got some nice crepuscular rays on the horizon.

• Thanks 1

I think the biggest problem is the headland blocking the view out, as it stands it's a block on the image. Quick and dirty illustration.

5a777f7134e3a_GhostlyShore.thumb.jpg.e9bf9107079e40dc1c72d5dc57666f1d.jpg.5ae209f4d1286dc523fc4c03c39701e4.jpgCan you go back and recompose?

• Thanks 1

Everything about this reminds me why I like to get down to Cornwall with a camera, and also that I haven't been back for a few years. 

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm not a fan of slow milky water. but that i like.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind comments and helpful critique.  When I took the image my plan was to take the viewers eye from bottom right through the S shape in the water out towards the headland which would direct you back to the left and to the start at the bottom right again.  I think it didn't really pan out. Hey ho another visit maybe in order Bill:14_relaxed:

At the moment James 31mm is my widest lens but I have a wish list when funds allow for either a 24mm or maybe ultra wide but I have never been sure on anything wider than 20mm as I tend to push too much away or end up with a lot of sky.  Speaking of which , yes Ryewolf the sky was good and stayed like that for a good hour while I was there. 

Thanks Paul, it seems to be my thing at the moment, I think the rocks are how I feel sometimes with the rest of the world just a blur.  I hope you get a chance to travel down soon Geoff, give it a week or two though as the weather has not been great for photography of late but I am sure it will change soon :14_relaxed:

I’ve been coming down to Cornwall for years. And I’ve found I take better images  with bad weather than I do with blue sky’s. Which is just as well really as it’s a bit changeable down there lol