Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Bill

Dawn breaks over Wells-next-the-sea.

04:30 21st. July 2016, this is where I spent the night and the view I got up to after some refreshing rain cooled down a blistering Norfolk. Start of another busy day with the camera.

billa20160721004.thumb.jpg.a495001fbbf49f932ebf04e88662f49f.jpg

Edited by Bill
web compression.
  • Like 3

Oh Boy Bill.....Love it!

Any photograph or mention of Wells-Next-The -Sea, initiates in me a flood of past memories....

Aged just 15 yrs I loaned a heavy black pushbike and a canvas tent, then together with my best mate who had also just left school we cycled from Kenilworth To Wells within 12 hours circa 140 miles...we arrived there exhausted, sunburned all down one side because of riding due `east all day under a roasting hot sun. It was 1954 exactly a year after the devastating East Coast flood disaster.....the famous camp site had all but been destroyed ...beach sand feet deep made pitching a tent almost impossible and all the beautiful pine trees were dying because of seawater flooding. Nevertheless a happy week was spent on my very first holiday ever. We repeated the excercise the next year.....Wells quickly because my favourite coastal town....My good lady and I camped there for three years running ...pre marriage nd then with offspring afterwards. We managed at least three more holidays there after we had the VW Camper....lots of very happy memories......Thanks!

FUJI

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 3

That is certainly a beautiful morning welcoming you to the day.

• Like 1

Not sure what a 'bust day' is, but if you have another, can I join you?

Nice shot, Bill - you've taken an everyday scene and turned it into a little belter!

Korky 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Korky said:

Not sure what a 'bust day' is, but if you have another, can I join you?

Nice shot, Bill - you've taken an everyday scene and turned it into a little belter!

Korky 

We should be so lucky! :1_grinning:

A sight any photographers heart would leap at to see.

• Like 1