Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Kobione

Orb Spider on a wobbly web.......

Saw a nice Orb Spider just a little while ago, not in the best spot and his web was constantly moving in the breeze, but I tried because I haven't seen on for a while - one from each side of him:

P1050247b.thumb.jpg.78ed6738c17f2496e974d9f76cb2ddbb.jpg

P1050250b.thumb.jpg.43cf855ed1e498cb765b76465158bead.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both great shots Dee....lots of detail......a bit Bright.....a pull down on an exposure slider, or, a tonal adjustment would put that right very easily.

FUJI

Flippin' 'eck, I'd be running a mile if I came across that! :56_anguished:

Giant wasps, giant flies, now giant spiders.....

Well-done to capture it when it's waving in the breeze.

How big is it? -- I'd guess a bit bigger than most of our orb-web spiders, but smaller than an American tarantula, just going by the joints of the legs and the body hairs.

Thanks all - Fuji we had very strong sunlight at the time I took it, I did intend to tone it down a little but got distracted and forgot to do so!

Not our biggest spider by a long shot!! Nowhere near the size of our Huntsman spiders, and not the largest Orb I have found, but I did manage to get pretty close to take the shot, and being so close helped to cut out 'the wobbles'