Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Blast Beach

Black Pearl

Took a drive down to Seaham this morning with mate to get some shots along the Blast Beach - its a bleak place and the remains of years worth of industrial dumping etc.

The weather was a bit off which kind of suited the scenery so I went with moody monochrome and subdued palettes.

This might look soft but its more careful framing, long exposure and gentle processing. The original had a hard shadow to the right as I exposed for the highlights in there sky. A shove of the shadow slider in Lightroom sorted most of that then its been through Nik Viveza to bring to some detail and finally I worked it over with the dodge and burn tools in PS to tweak the sea.
Blast Beach TIPF.jpg

Down to business - went for subject isolation, deliberate subject placing and plenty of sky. Most done in Lightroom and Nik SEP2 but as above the last bit was hand finished in PS.
Blast Beach Rock TIPF.jpg

Blast Beach Building TIPF.jpg

I wanted to get this rock-stack to stand out from its surrounding so stepped back, used a long lens with a wide aperture then stitched two images together to get width. Processing is very minimal but I did apply sharpening to help it pop.
Blast Beach Stack TIPF.jpg

Another with the long lens, typically I'd have gone 12mm and massive DoF. Switched to the Fuji's Classic Chrome sim to pull down the tones and recovered the sky to enhance the dullish day

Blast Beach Building 2 TIPF.jpg

An interesting set Beepy. Love the tranquility of the  first one and the light is gorgeous ...I can see a lot of thought has gone into your shots ... # 2  looks like an alien  landscape  from a sci-fi movie and quite surreal  . I particularly like the way you have gotten the horizon  in # 3 to run  level with the start of the dark banding on what looks like an old WW II Pill Box.... I  love this one ... so much detail and depth with so little variation in tones ..really subtle ..  Yup  :yes 'tis my favourite ..  A palette of  textures and tones .

I agree with Alphaboo, that there isn’t much to choose between any in this set of excellent, well planned studies....all Perfect examples of how to ....make.....a photograph, rather than just....take....one.

I must admit to having a leaning towards the mono examples.

Just imagine the life of the unfortunates who had to man this bleak looking ....Defensive Pill-Box ....and any others along the British coastline.....had there ever been an invasion they would have taken the initial shock and probably not survive.

FUJI

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

An interesting set Beepy. Love the tranquility of the  first one and the light is gorgeous ...I can see a lot of thought has gone into your shots ... # 2  looks like an alien  landscape  from a sci-fi movie and quite surreal  . I particularly like the way you have gotten the horizon  in # 3 to run  level with the start of the dark banding on what looks like an old WW II Pill Box.... I  love this one ... so much detail and depth with so little variation in tones ..really subtle ..  Yup  :yes 'tis my favourite ..  A palette of  textures and tones .

I am sooooo glad you spotted that, it took me a while of shuffling with the tripod and zooming in on the screen to get it to line up.

Its a Vickers MG Pillbox for multiple machine guns according to the internet.

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

I agree with Alphaboo, that there isn’t much to choose between any in this set of excellent, well planned studies....all Perfect examples of how to ....make.....a photograph, rather than just....take....one.

I must admit to having a leaning towards the mono examples.

Just imagine the life of the unfortunates who had to man this bleak looking ....Defensive Pill-Box ....and any others along the British coastline.....had there ever been an invasion they would have taken the initial shock and probably not survive.

FUJI

Thanks Fuji

I helps immensely when I'm out with another photographer as you bounce ideas off each other, see what they see and tend to linger longer meaning the shots are a little more careful.

It must have been as bleak as hell down there during the war. That said the chances of being shot at were slim so not the most dangerous of placements.

9 hours ago, AlphaBoo said:

I was going to say which ones I like the most but after looking at them a few times I just like them all :14_relaxed:

Thanks

7 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

I like the water in the first, just right

Great set though 

Glad you like the water, theres a fair bit of fiddling gone into it.

Archived