Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Battle of Britain

David61

1 minute ago, Rick448 said:

You must have had a good vantage point. Superb image. 

I think it might of been taken while at Eastbourne airshow, just sat on the beach, as before the Shoreham jet crash all the planes at the beach would be quite low.

An incredible shot...... I was a child all through WWII ...so the Allied and the enemy planes were very familiar, I can still recall the engine noises, so very different from each other.

One of my outstanding memories is watching what seemed hundreds of planes towing pairs of gliders across the sky......an awsome sight.

Crashed wrecks of both sides were transported around the country on special 60 ft long Lorries/Trucks, known as...Queen Mary’s .....they are worth Googling if you are interested in WWII and Avistion history.

FUJI

35 minutes ago, FUJI said:

An incredible shot...... I was a child all through WWII ...so the Allied and the enemy planes were very familiar, I can still recall the engine noises, so very different from each other.

One of my outstanding memories is watching what seemed hundreds of planes towing pairs of gliders across the sky......an awsome sight.

Crashed wrecks of both sides were transported around the country on special 60 ft long Lorries/Trucks, known as...Queen Mary’s .....they are worth Googling if you are interested in WWII and Avistion history.

FUJI

Thank you Fuji for the comment, and for saying about the Queen Mary`s I will have a look on that.

Wow .... what a magnificent  image ... A super viewpoint  looking exactly as if you are flying alongside ...There is something quite other worldly that happens when I see an image of these iconic aircraft ... it is hard  to explain and maybe  you have to be at least a certain age to feel it ... though not necessarily . It   evokes a deep and primal appreciation  of history and patriotism for me and not least a kind of salute to all those who  flew in those planes... Colin  will no doubt be along as soon as he seesthis as an avid photographer of  these . 

Well done on your five or more likes ... it so deserves the  yellow ribbon David .

Nice picture.

Thumper is no longer since last years re-paint, not sure the new nickname has caught on as well.

Have to say I am jealous at all the replies if I post aircraft pictures I'm lucky if I get 3 on here.

Polly - I'm not sure about the age thing you see many people of all ages and nations along the fence at RAF Coningsby where the BBMF are based.

Incidentally - The International Bomber Command Memorial Lincoln opens today.

5 hours ago, Clicker said:

Wow .... what a magnificent  image ... A super viewpoint  looking exactly as if you are flying alongside ...There is something quite other worldly that happens when I see an image of these iconic aircraft ... it is hard  to explain and maybe  you have to be at least a certain age to feel it ... though not necessarily . It   evokes a deep and primal appreciation  of history and patriotism for me and not least a kind of salute to all those who  flew in those planes... Colin  will no doubt be along as soon as he seesthis as an avid photographer of  these . 

Well done on your five or more likes ... it so deserves the  yellow ribbon David .

Thank you for the comments, I have loved these beautiful planes since I first saw them as a little boy at Biggin Hill.

2 hours ago, colinb said:

Nice picture.

Thumper is no longer since last years re-paint, not sure the new nickname has caught on as well.

Have to say I am jealous at all the replies if I post aircraft pictures I'm lucky if I get 3 on here.

Polly - I'm not sure about the age thing you see many people of all ages and nations along the fence at RAF Coningsby where the BBMF are based.

Incidentally - The International Bomber Command Memorial Lincoln opens today.

Thank you Colin.

1 hour ago, Black Pearl said:

As has been pointed out its a great shot with an engaging perspective of being there with the planes. 

The grey sky suits it too.

Thank you Black Pearl, I nearly deleted it but thought I`d put it through Topaz Studio and glad I did now.

Why would you have deleted that David.???  

Colin it’s such a shame you feel you haven’t had the responses always to your aircraft pics ...  I love them that much I bought  four prints off you ... maybe it was just bad timing and they disappeared down the list quickly ...or maybe there are more aircraft lovers on the forum now..... whatever the reason .... please continue to post your fabulous photos ... they are worthy of another airing for what it’s worth .. 

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Why would you have deleted that David.???  

Colin it’s such a shame you feel you haven’t had the responses always to your aircraft pics ...  I love them that much I bought  four prints off you ... maybe it was just bad timing and they disappeared down the list quickly ...or maybe there are more aircraft lovers on the forum now..... whatever the reason .... please continue to post your fabulous photos ... they are worthy of another airing for what it’s worth .. 

Hi Clicker, I nearly deleted the shot because the sky was just horrible and nearly blown, so I had a try in Topaz Studio and loved the HDR effect it gave.

Archived