Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Quiraing

THELONGMAN

21 hours ago, CMunzel said:

My ancestors on my mothers side came from the Orkney Islands and, like many Australians, I have a strong emotional connection with Scotland. I have  only. been there once for work in Nov 2015 (Glasgow and Loch Lomond) but plan to return, next time with a proper camera. I love this photo. I take it that it’s better to off season?

Hi CM, We usually go in either May or September when although there are still quite a lot of visitors its better that high summer,  also you miss the worst of the winter and more importantly to avoid the  midges that can be a real pain through June, July and August. A lot depends on where you want to go? If you can get up the west coast to Fort William and above you will see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, including The Isle of Skye. also from Fort William you will be able to get to Glencoe.  My Mrs is a Glaswegian Lass and we go up to Scotland several time a year so if we can be of any help with info please feel free to contact me.--Geoff

1 hour ago, THELONGMAN said:

Hi CM, We usually go in either May or September when although there are still quite a lot of visitors its better that high summer,  also you miss the worst of the winter and more importantly to avoid the  midges that can be a real pain through June, July and August. A lot depends on where you want to go? If you can get up the west coast to Fort William and above you will see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, including The Isle of Skye. also from Fort William you will be able to get to Glencoe.  My Mrs is a Glaswegian Lass and we go up to Scotland several time a year so if we can be of any help with info please feel free to contact me.--Geoff

Thank very much Geoff, I’m hoping to go to Scotland in 2019. I’ll think about going May or Sept, you suggest. I’ve read about midges & wondered if they’re like our mosquitoes which can be kept at bay with some Bushmans Tropical strength repellent. 

16 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Thank very much Geoff, I’m hoping to go to Scotland in 2019. I’ll think about going May or Sept, you suggest. I’ve read about midges & wondered if they’re like our mosquitoes which can be kept at bay with some Bushmans Tropical strength repellent. 

Hi CM, Midges are a fraction of the size of midges and they bite like mad. They are very prominent around water as you would expect, and there are 2 ways to prevent them you either cover up, including a face net or we and many others use a product made by Avon Cosmetics called Skin so soft which seems to be quite effective, but it would be interesting if there is anything you have there that would work?---Geoff

They are famous CM.....Scottish midges !!.....  Be warned ... they can ruin a holiday....on that West coast ...the original Avon skins so soft   is the only thing that worked for me ! Iread somewhere that a patch of ground 6foot x 6 foot could hatch a million of the little blighters in one season  !  ( May -Sept) Apparently they are attracted to dark clothing and  carbon dioxide... and they usually only attack bare skin and can't bite through clothing ... So wearing a wedding dress ,complete with veil and try to stop breathing and you should be ok !

10 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Thanks for the midges warning, Geoff and Polly. I can’t imagine why Avon Skin So Soft would act as a repellent. I wonder if Avon knows this. 

Im sure they do, although its now how they sell the product  its quite well now here for that purpose.

Geoff

Archived