Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Quiraing

THELONGMAN

26 minutes ago, THELONGMAN said:

The Quiraing, Isle of Skye, Scotland

The whole island is magic and this is one of the best spots. I wonder if I'll get back there - it's 5 years since I went. Hmmmm :58_disappointed_relieved:

I do love this part of Scotland ... hope to tour later this year... 

A superb vista... lovingly composed and processed ...   one can tell this isn’t just any old landscape and it comes across  how fond you are of this area Geoff ... a superb image .

6 hours ago, kev7d said:

That brings back some great memories for me. I did a complete traverse of the cuillin ridge in 1990.  Skye is a really magical place.  

Now that would be a trip to do, but you wouldn't recognise Skye for 1990, In the season places like The Quiraing, The Old Man of Storr and The Fairy Pools are almost impossible to get to for people, its horrible, --glad we went a little later last year. We did the 500 at the same time and thats going to go the same way in the commihg years I fear?

Geoff

6 hours ago, Bill said:

The whole island is magic and this is one of the best spots. I wonder if I'll get back there - it's 5 years since I went. Hmmmm :58_disappointed_relieved:

You should Bill, but as I mentioned to Kev, be selective as to when you go, we were there in May, July and September in 17 and at one time they closed the Skye bridge because the Island was full?, but a little tip, if it is full nip down to the Glenelg and get the little car ferry across?,

Geoff 

16 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I do love this part of Scotland ... hope to tour later this year... 

A superb vista... lovingly composed and processed ...   one can tell this isn’t just any old landscape and it comes across  how fond you are of this area Geoff ... a superb image .

Thanks Click, we do love Scotland, my Mrs is a Glaswegian so I get the inside track of the best places. We were there for 3 trips last year and we have just come back from our first of this year, and then back again for a month or so later in 18.

Geoff

33 minutes ago, THELONGMAN said:

Now that would be a trip to do, but you wouldn't recognise Skye for 1990, In the season places like The Quiraing, The Old Man of Storr and The Fairy Pools are almost impossible to get to for people, its horrible, --glad we went a little later last year. We did the 500 at the same time and thats going to go the same way in the commihg years I fear?

Geoff

There was next to no one there when I was there last.  Mind you, we went in February :1_grinning:

Best time to go to Scotland

Beautiful picture Geoff - I love your pictures from Scotland because they bring back memories for me of our tour when we returned to UK on 1960. We did the ferry trip from Kyle of Lochalsh to Kyleakin,, as there was no bridge then, so I did get my feet on Skye soil - just wish I'd had a decent camera at the time!

My ancestors on my mothers side came from the Orkney Islands and, like many Australians, I have a strong emotional connection with Scotland. I have  only. been there once for work in Nov 2015 (Glasgow and Loch Lomond) but plan to return, next time with a proper camera. I love this photo. I take it that it’s better to off season?

Archived