Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bought another Meike/Neewer lens

These are Chinese made lens that are all manual they come in Sony E, Fuji X, Nikon One and M4/3 mounts. They are optically good not super good just good but since they run around $65 to 75 USD(remember you said post and I said I am a yank no clue what it costs in Pounds/Euros :stuart:) you are still getting a good bargain since they do not require an adapter and they are built like old school Nikkors and I mean the Pre AI type Nikkors, trust me no plastic they are all metal.

I previously bought the 35 f1.7 very nice lens I posted about here over the summer and took some portraits of my grandson. Well now I got a 27 f2.8(42mm FoV on my Fuji) pancake and I am a real sucker for pancake lens I love them. I do tend to prefer the wide normal ie 35m to 40mm vs the straight up 50mm Normal FoV.  I will eventually add their 50mm f2 as a true portrait lens but for now I am still trying to master the MF on my Fuji XE2. My only true complaint is that the focus ring is spaced funny you have a ton of turn for .25 meter to 2 meters then a very small amount from 2 meters to infinity I will have do some testing to see if its true infinity but that does make distance focusing a bit harder.

Ok here are some shots inside, outside and of the lens itself. I will say tis it makes one sexy kit on my XE2 with my leather half case. :jig:

Jim

PS Blame Korky for this post he sent me the email I think about posting! :8_laughing:

_DSF1595.thumb.jpg.ed558ccab3dbae0ede29e2d7e3958131.jpg

_DSF1596.thumb.jpg.fc4e2c74690f89d853004d5668e20b2e.jpg

_DSF1592.thumb.jpg.86b330d6fc1f75857adfc102c1da7ec1.jpg

_DSF1600.thumb.jpg.800b8b913845000065aced80855a91c5.jpg

DSCF3010.thumb.jpg.ffb04e4e4e24b218d763bfe3a1b84587.jpg

DSCF3011.thumb.jpg.f93dbc63355bc4f96f020a087cf87fe6.jpg

DSCF3012.thumb.jpg.ff0b4cd5f4cd31b7fe4f680606e4b211.jpg

Edited by James23p
2 hours ago, fuzzyedges said:

The 35mm is running about £60 over here 

The colour in No1 looks good but odd if thats what the lens produces or has it been twiddled with 

Just in passing Korky is a he I think all this gender stuff is so confusing these days 

I think I might have messed the color up a bit manually trying to remove the CA.

Jim