Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Email about participation

James23p

I had to take a deep breath since this is some of the very issues we have on the site I am the admin on. We have a corp group of about 25 with another 10 or so who pop in and out. We have had many discussions we even have a semi parallel FB page to try and boost the participation.

I will try to log in at least once a week this is a very good forum and I do like it for me its mostly a matter of time since I run one site and I am a mod on a large another large Nikon site that I am having thoughts about resigning due to my lake of time on the forum.  

The email asked if I/other members had  issues with any on the team and as far as I can see the team is friendly and out going and open to new members so I can not see any reason why someone would not post because of the team.

I hope the site will grow and not go away it is nice to have a friendly site that is not brand specific its funny I run a Nikon site and yet I have mostly moved on to Fuji, I do have a large manual focus collection of Nikons and glass and a P900 and P330 so I do have Nikon gear and I do shoot the film stuff occasionally and yes I am waiting for Ektachrome to comeback this year slide film is my favorite.

Kind regards Jim

PS they said they want banter but remember I am a Yank so my banter well might be a very different style especially since I am retired US Navy we have an odd sense of humor! :stuart:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, James23p said:

I had to take a deep breath since this is some of the very issues we have on the site I am the admin on.

I believe it's the trait of forums in general, far too many members are keen to display their work and sit back to await praise/crit etc. without taking the time to comment on other topics. Participation, it's the key to any successful forum, if TIPF didn't have its stalwarts it would have disappeared into the mire many moons ago.

BTW, there are 2 Us in 'humor' :whistle: :10_wink:

• Like 1