Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A BITTER/SWEET TALE

FUJI

A very long time ago, back in 1953 I left school at just 15 yrs old to become an apprentice Joiner, one of my master-craftsmen tutors was Ken, who only a few years before had seen more action than most for the whole of WWII, he was rescued off the beaches at Dunkirk in 1940, then, after recovering fought his way from the D-Day Beaches, from Caen ....up to the Rhine, accords.. then right into Nazi Germany. His tales of real action used to enthrall us all at break times. He was a rough/tough no nonsense craftsman, he together with our foreman taught me well.

Ken, didn’t only teach me my trade, he gave me my first bike, encouraged me to go with mates on camping holidays, cycling over 100 miles with heavy gear...Ken took me to Silverstone to see Fangio win the GP on the pillion of his motorbike....He volunteered to transport our wedding guests ..he was married, but a family came late....very sadly he died just 5 years later, leaving his wife and two small boys.

To bring the story up to date....during the past few years I have renewed contact with the eldest of Kens sons now in his 50s ....the owner of the biggest, most beautiful German Shepherd dog, Diesel, a very gentle giant; I posted his photograph on here more than once.

A couple of days ago, right on the holiday, I learned that ...Diesel ...had crossed the bridge to doggy heaven.....a really tough thing for Ken’s son and his wife to tell me; we all shed a tear, where we stood in the street.

Here is the painting of the late/great Diesel, finished just now.....they will receive it soon in memory of their canine companion but also from me as a thank you..for memories...down the line...

A photograph of real meaning to me personally

FUJI

3CAA0B74-A9C0-4E27-9D1B-ED31F9D762B9.jpeg

What a wonderful memento Fooj ... I m sure it will be treasured beyond measure by your mentor’s son and family... what a 

truly kind and thoughtful gesture...  it will be especially comforting  knowing that a link has gone all the way back to his Dad too .. that brought tears to my eyes Fooj ...

Thanks for telling us that very personal tale ... 

That is so sad Fuji - I recognized Diesel instantly in the picture in the recent images strip across the top. What a lovely gesture you have done for the owners, and hopefully that will make them remember the good moments whenever they look at it.

Thank you all....

yes! It was a very tough emotional time for both of us when he collected the portrait from me this morning.....definitely one of my efforts that will be treasured for a long time.

Since I took this photographs a few minor adjustments and corrections were made, especially the pimple on the end of Diesels nose, plus much softening of tone changes, plus a few whit highlights....very much like the final sharpening of a RAW image.

FUJI

• 3 weeks later...

Archived