Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

TIPF Calendar

Black Pearl

Now the OADED and possibly some of the other long running challenges are coming to an end I've been trying to think of something new for next year. I've nearly burned myself out shooting every day for two years and even the 52 can get a bit hard some weeks so it needs to have a goal but have a gentler commitment

How about taking/submitting one shot and sharing it in a monthly post then at the end of the year when we all have 12 images we agree to each get a calendar made up (lots of online sites can do this for very little cost so it won't be a major investment) and photograph it in place on your wall at home in a final thread. I'm not going to insist on a theme for the year or even a monthly one so it is entirely up to individuals to pick the images they want. Now you could pick your own themes to aim for and stick with them or you could just select from the images you take on a monthly basis on a whim or you could have in mind each month that you need one good shot for your calendar. 

It might be nice to share our favourite images each month, chat about them, offer encouragement and even suggest how best they can be tweaked - the more involvement the better. It will also be lovely at the end of the year to get all your images together and have something tangible made from them. Something you can look at for the whole of 2019 and keep afterwards as a momentum of our year shooting together. 

Would you be interested in this sort of challenge?
Do you have any ideas to make it better?
Do you have suggestions for an alternative challenge for 2018?

I'm certainly up for that Beepy... So would we have a new thread each month... like a Make a Date for the January Calendar Page where we can talk about ideas we have for our themes  if we want one  and bounce ideas about ...  think about the format etc  make suggestions , post pics that we think may be suitable  and then on the last day of every month post the finished   version of the pic we have chosen  to use . It would make it so much more of an interactive  challenge if we able  to encourage more members on board even if it was just to make suggestions or voice opinions...... what  do the rest of the TIPFers think... C'mon   lads and lasses ... we can all get a cracking picture once a month that shows what we can do !:pic:

• Like 1

Oooh I can see loads of possibilities to suit lots of our members ...  Bugs and macro work ... Local History . Local shopkeepers like the people Fuji  meets up with on a regular basis  on the street ... with their permissions, Bird Toggers , Cat Toggers ,Dog Toggers... Simon??? ( ooh  I want a calendar of Jasper pics too)  Aircraft Boffins ... ( erm ... sorry Col... don't mean that in a rude way :), Churches etc  as well as Local walks (Korks ? )  landscapes, seascapes, trees, plants, flowers, butterflies  and bugs ....the list is endless .  Oh ... and  12 pieces of metal should be a doddle for you now Kev !:ouch:Ouch ;)

Maybe it would be worth doing a banner  for a month  or a post it  to link  to the thread you have started  about it Beepy as sometimes  people don't look at the LATTE LOUNGE ( erm ..guilty M'lud ) for days or weeks even if it's not their usual  place to  join in ...  what do you think ..?

• Like 1

Ok, I'm in, the OADED was great challenge, but as BP said shooting everyday for 2 years can get a bit much...

I think it should have it's own thread/forum like the OADED that we could all post in, like the one a day, so Jan, Feb, Mar etc etc. As BP mentioned I think there's always going to be months when you've got more images than the one needed.... But the main thing I like is the idea that at the end of the year we all have something tangible to keep as a calendar...

This could well be the breath of fresh air that TIPF needs at the moment.

To be brutally honest, 52P and Weekly Challenge are becoming as stale as last week's crumpets and it'd be great to move on and embrace some new ideas.

Good thinking, BeePee - Count me in!

Korky

• Like 1

Sound like we could get a good number having a go.

I'll keep this running and potter away in the background creating a new section for a -how to - and a separate section for each month to go in ready for it to go live in Jan.

In the mean time have a think and decide if you fancy a theme for your calendars or just an open best of the mont....or do two, no reason you can't create a couple if you fancy shooting more.

When I know exactly what to do I could be interested in doing a monthly ...Street Portrait.....but that would be a personal Calendar for me.....or....Do you need the best of 12 Street Portraits, to be placed alongside, the best of the Bugs/ Plants/Landscape....etc...etc ?

FUJI

I think they are all our own personal calendars Fooj... We'll see everyones  pic in say January's  list of posts... with any theme ( you can choose your own theme ) or just ones best photo for that month ....and then do the same thing the next month on the February thread ... I quite like the idea of discussions and  advice being sought in the same thread  as we post each month ... and then we can all do our own thread when the calendar pics are completed in December and show the 12 pics as 12 consecutive posts in a thread ... a bit like when we did after our Big Day Out ;" Ryewolf's day out in Stratford ", "Polly's day out in Stratford" I think it's a great  chance  to encourage  us  to get our very best  image  for each month ( or two if you are doing. two separate  calendars !)I. think it also give me more time to post in other forums on here and not the daily pressure that OADED  presented .

So glad you are  going to join in too Jeff JHPHOTO.....Brilliant ... the more  the better  ...

Talking of Stratford ... still no sign of David ....?

Beepy ... Are you stipulating that the picture has to be taken during the month it relates to . The reason I ask is that some themes may not fit into a certain month when  you see the subject  / take it  ... for example  if  I were  doing portraits of a dog  indoors  during July would it matter if one of the pics was more suited to a pic for the November or April   month, lets say because the dog was looking out through a window   at a rainy, wet day. If I were to do mountains of the UK .. I might spend 3  weeks in June in Scotland  but would I only be able to post one mountain pic in my calendar for the month of June  and  not use one say for  August  if it looked  suitable. I'm just playing   Devil's advocate here  of course ...:devil:   I  would of course hope that all pics were taken during 2018 and  no earlier archived stuff to be used ...

11 hours ago, FUJI said:

When I know exactly what to do I could be interested in doing a monthly ...Street Portrait.....but that would be a personal Calendar for me.....or....Do you need the best of 12 Street Portraits, to be placed alongside, the best of the Bugs/ Plants/Landscape....etc...etc ?

FUJI

Completely personal to you. The challenge is just something for people to join together in, get encouragement from others to help keep you going all year and have a tangible goal at the end. I hope it will stay fun and not become a drag which the daily and weekly ones we've been running can become plus you get to look back at your images through 2019 which I'd guess many don't do.

• 2 months later...

Hi Fooj ... I think Beepy moved your entries for January to the right place as you had yours on a separate thread originally ...if you click on forums then scroll down to the challenges board you’ll find the place to post any February entries  for the Calendar... x 

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/forum/83-calendar-challenge-2018/

You previous entries have been added to the January  post....