Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
sr1867

Weekly Challenge #124 ~ Remembrance ~ VOTING CLOSED

Weekly Challenge #124 ~ Remembrance ~ VOTING TIE BREAK  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This weeks challenge should you choose to accept it is Remembrance.

So as ever open to your interpretation images can be old or new.

Entries open from now until midnight 17th November then the vote will run for the 7 days following.

Good Luck.

So part of the reason for this weeks choice of subject (other than the obvious of this weekend) Its a year this week since we lost our Nan a couple months short of her being 98 years old so its a time for remembrance.

And as a 2 for the price of 1 remembrance deal the framed pic of the dogs in the background I also took. Those 2 dogs were so well behaved where did I go wrong with the current 2 I have no idea.

5a07f14184117_NanEdited(2).thumb.jpg.cddb5811723896b744d813f7a1cf990f.jpg

• Like 1

Taken in 2013 in Belgium whilst on a pilgrimage to honour our ancestors who fell in the Great War

DSC00907ed2m.thumb.jpg.2a7b9a1ffe715b3c9d691b86729b0723.jpg

• Like 2

In remembrance of my late father - John Victor Brammer - Merchant Seaman/Engineer

Like my Grandfather before him, and so many of their friends and relations, he fought for this country of ours during WW2 (Grandad in WW1). He never complained, hardly spoke about the things he must have seen, when it was all over just got on with life and raised my Elder Brother, Sister and me.

RIP Dad

5a0de1cbbb6be_DADweb.thumb.jpg.0085730fee3ed7b7c037a6b100e93288.jpg

• Like 3

A very precious picture that we have, it is less than 1 inch in size and in a very old original frame. David McLeod Oswald, who my OH was named after, taken in 1914 before he left UK with the King's Liverpool Regiment. Did not return home, died in France on 9/8/1916 aged 22 years. We will remember.

DMO1.thumb.jpg.2f68ac176a265d0bb039cae2558b36c2.jpg

• Like 2

A long line of Geoffery's... I'm now the last in long line of Geoffery's in our family that go back for at least 300 years... a family photo from 1943, my Dad Geoffrey Liddell (now 83) on the left, my Grandad Geoffery Wareing in the middle, my Aunite Margaette (now 84) and my Grandmother Irene... My Grandfather served in WWII but never spoke to anyone about what he saw or did, he died when I was about 10 or 12 not long after retiring....

124-remberance-family-1937.jpg

• Like 3

All done. Thanks for your entries the vote will follow.

just a few hours left to vote in this weeks challenge

Weekly Challenge #124 is over and the winner is CanonChrissy.

Congratulations Chrissy.

Well done Chrissy.....very appropriate image ..

Wow thank you for the votes. I got quite emotional when taking this image and it means a lot. Will get new theme up soon, just having brekkie 1st. Will let my food inspire me......

• Like 1