Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

ON THE STREETS WHERE I LIVE

FUJI

Happenings in a small Warwickshire Town.

I am absolutely loving my Vintage MINOLTA ROKKOR f 1.4 - 50 mm lens.

As you can see here, set to manual zone focus ( accurate between two measured points) it delivers the goods at 2.8 including excellent separation from Background...on silent shutter, even if very close my subjects don't hear a thing.

The Chinese girl approaching with a selfie stick, didn't notice me until the last minute, hence the wide smile.

The Asian lady in a hat, puzzles me somewhat, she has been around town now for months, she rarely lifts her head up from staring intently at the screen of her mobile...Think she is a spy???

The elderly gent with a bag, reminded e of an L. S.  Lowry figure.

The pair of girls with lap-dogs had caught a glimpse of me checking focus...here the one n the right has me spotted and so has her pooch.

FUJI

SELFIE GIRL mono.jpg

MIND THE STEP   mono.jpg

LOWRY LIKE mono .jpg

LAP DOGS  mono  2.jpg

Nice set.  What impresses me about the lens as much as anything is the rendering of the BG.  It's nicely recessed and just softening.  Perfect for Mono shots like these. (I am of course assuming you haven't PP'd these to achieve that :cry:)

Thank you all for the very positive feedback...

Those beautiful soft backgrounds are completely the work of this heavy, well built lens which it is why it is raved about by all those who have discovered it....I’m told that even the Leica enthusiasts love and use them.

Mine, at  just £92 delivered was a steal......if you acquire a good one you won’t regret it.

My settings for Street photography, with instant...point and shoot focus....no waiting....are ...f 2.8.  Zone focussed to between 8 feet back to circa 50 feet....just double check using focus assist.....double check your setting every so often.

I am itching to take a few portraits both with the lens wide open,,then through the apertures to f 4.....I just need to find willing subjects.

FUJI

Archived