Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge # 121 ~THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT .....VOTING CLOSED

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #121~ Things that go bump in the night. NOW VOTING  

14 members have voted

1. 1. WEEKLY CHALLENGE #121 Things that go bump in the night ... NOW VOTING

• Fuji
    • sr1867
    • Korky
    • Clicker
    • Colin
    • Kobione
    • Ryewolf

Voting is now closed in this poll

Craig is feeling a bit woozy with his medication on returning from hospital and has asked me to set up this challenge on his behalf ...Thinking that Halloween is around the corner his theme is for things that will show a scary atmosphere..or your interpretation of things that go bump in the night .. OOOOOOoooooerrrrrr !

That should get your creative juices flowing ...

Usual rules apply .....entries  in by Midnight Friday  27th October  then voting open from the 28th October  till Friday 3rd November. Good luck everyone !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A BIG THANK YOU to Polly for sorting this out for me. :1300_clap_tone1:
I am unfortunately unable to contribute to this weeks comp for reasons beyond my control :(

GOOD LUCK to everyone!
They are all  AMAZINGLY SPOOKY images this week! :1310_thumbsup_tone1:
Craig
:1_grinning:

Edited by Craig
On 23/10/2017 at 03:06, Korky said:

I thought this entry might need an explanation............

My late Uncle Stanley, a strange man who loved a laugh and a practical joke, once took my two cousins and myself camping on Manglethwaite Moor at Halloween. We pitched camp in a copse of ancient oaks, where we cooked sausages, drank hot Vimto, played games and sang mucky songs until it was time for us kids to retire to our enormous, grey canvas tent while Uncle Stanley made his way to The Hairy Noggin in order to shift five pints of Gusset Scratcher and four pickled eggs.

At about twenty-past midnight, my cousins and me were all still wide awake and acting the gobbin when we heard what we were sure was Uncle Stanley rolling home three sheets to the wind. At first we heard him singing, then as he approached our canvas he relieved himself of at least two pints up against an oak tree. He farted loud enough to raise a corpse and then all went eerily quiet as we tried to pretend we were asleep. It was then that we heard the noise……

It started quietly, almost like the yap of a small terrier, but within twenty seconds it had risen to a loud growl and twenty seconds after that it became a horrible, blood curdling scream. The scream carried on for maybe half a minute, then stopped suddenly as we became aware of a creature walking around the outside of the tent and scratching the canvas with its talons. It was then that we heard the voice…..

“Any silly young buggers in there?” The voice clearly belonged to Uncle Stanley and it gave us such a sense of relief that we all began to laugh loudly and were almost instantly back to acting the gobbin.

“Are you bevvied up, Uncle Stanley?” shouted cousin Gerald.

“Have you brought us some chips?” enquired cousin Wilfred.

“Uncle Stanley, can I take your photograph?” I asked. “Mum’s borrowed me her camera an’ if you stick yer head through the canvas I’ll take a quick snap. Pull a daft face an’ it’ll look beltin’ when the photos come back from t’ chemist.”

“Course you can, Korky, let me make it easy for ya.” Uncle Stanley’s hand wiggled through the slit in the front canvas. “Focus yer lens on my hand and then when yer ready I’ll shift my hand and stick my head through the canvas. Bingo, there’s yer pic. Yer mum’ll love it.”

Chuffed to bits with this opportunity, I removed the tiny Boots 126 camera from my rucksack, gave the lens a quick buff on the bit of my jumper that didn’t have splotches of tomato soup and promptly zoned in on Uncle Stanley’s hand still wiggling through the front canvas.

“OK, Uncle Stan, I’m ready. Should we count to three?”

“Yeah, great idea, you lads count to three and then I’ll do the funny face” Ready?”

“One.” We were giggling uncontrollably. 

“Two”. By ‘eck, this was more fun than brickin’ windows at Dobber’s Mill.

“Three.” We all held our breath as our uncle pushed his head through the canvas with an unexpected ferocity. He gave out an ear-splitting screech that carried across the moor as both cousins screamed and dived to the back of the tent leaving me to stand my ground and take the picture. We were truly wazzing ourselves as the camera’s flash fired and I captured for posterity what would become our family’s favourite photograph of a dear old, wacky old, boozy old uncle.

Seconds later, Uncle Stan stepped into the tent, removed his rubber mask, gave a drunken chuckle and said “Hey up, lads, I hope y’all brought clean underpants.”

Uncle Stanley - Halloween 1958

Stanley 02.jpg

A

Well a resounding win for Korks and his Uncle Stanley methinks ....Well done M'lud for an excellent entry... and an entertaining version of what happened in that tent that night.

Over to you  then Squire for the theme for the  next  challenge..

I know this theme was set by Craig who is still  very poorly, hence my setting this challenge up on his behalf.... so I just want to send him our continued good wishes for his health issues to be resolved ....cheers Craig

• Thanks 1