Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

FUJI

No! 

It isn’t me falling down the stairs again......but being, like our Korky, a senior (.in years) member, who has a great love of TIPF I feel the need to speak out, to give you all a little nudge....Nay a bloody BIG NUDGE.

With Korky itvwas the recognition of the need to raise awareness of the little mentioned but essential finances......

With me, it is a bit of a gripe about something that could lose us members again.....Look through member posting records, especially for the last year.....far too many photographs are ignored, or dismissed with just a Like, or a half hearted .....That’s nice, kind of comment.

Feedback, observations, comments and constructive critism is what is needed by all of us......I look at that page of forums and note that many still have dates going back to last spring.

I fully realise that I’m retired so have more time than most.....I also know that I post a fair few pics, and that I’m an artist.....similarly Korky is retired and is a poet and great joker....we can tend to inhibit...but we don’t bite.

I’m wondering if the Daily/weekly/monthly shoots and other social media contact means that this is where much of the energy goes?

I’m pleased to note, that weve had a recent influx of new members, all posting, but receiving little or no feedback.

Please folks.....when you browse through the forum pics, as you enjoy a beverage of choice....don’t just click the LIKE button......Really look at a shot... form an opinion....offer a little feedback; it takes seconds and is so valued by all.

I just had to say it.....thanks for listening.

FUJI

Fuji I have not been very active lately,(and you know why), so I have put quite a number of 'likes' out there without comment, just so that whoever did the post knows I have at least looked at it. I should be more active very soon, but as you and other friends on here know I'm not heavily technical, but will say why I like an image - I'll be back :yes

Thank you for the responses to this......as Dingo states....a forum is a place of disscusion, an exchange of ideas; I fully understand why a member is inhibited by circumstances ( I’ve been there myself all too often during my visual problems)... We all approach our wonderful hobby in different ways, some with vast professional experience, others, like me who have been helped up the ladder from the lowest rung....a complete duffer in fact....I look back and shudder.

But.....it was all the amazing, feedback, comment, advice, tuition, banter and friendliness which helped my to take every step upwards.....I remain an absolute duffer when it comes to anything to do with numbers or formulae, but that will always be so.

It has been my privelage to have been a member since it’s early days, it had a steady core membership, with oodles of feedback and comment, I even stuck it out when membership dwindled to around five, we almost lost TIPF....

Then disaster struck when the whole forum was wiped out by technical differences beyond my reckoning, all old posts, records and lists were lost, gone, dead as the proverbial parrot.

A quick but tentative recovery was made after hurried emails and texts were sent between ex members, these increased outwards until a small group existed once more, things returned to normal and membership grew....

But sadly,  the all important member comment, feedback and banter diminished....I think, in the wake of ...other inter-forum means of contact such as Facebook .....the daily, weekly, monthly challenges have also reduced feedback ..... I choose not to take part because my free spirit would be inhibited.

We all work hard in our different ways to acquire photographic results we like; not always to everyone’s taste, but if we like it....etc....

But, if all that hard work and effort is dismissed with just an invisible...Like...or ...worst of all, no comment at all ....it crushes the spirit, inhibits creativity and adds to isolation.

Ok!......I realise that I have the time, that others might not have....but it takes a minute or less to formulate then post a reply of encouragement, or tuition etc.

I can honestly say that I love and value my TIPF membership, and will never leave my friends.....

This is an honest observation.....I post many of my pics on another, worldwide forum, membership is huge and in most cases anonymous.....I joined because the thousands of posts can teach so much.

More than one pic posted here, has received, perhaps a Like, or nothing at all....whilst on the other forum....it has a string of comments of all colors, some very rude and to the point....and even the occasional Member-Award ....but it is valuable feedback which motivates, teaches and circulates good feelings.

Please take this as a nudge, rather than a harsh criticism ..... I don’t want essays..... but well considered feedback.

FUJI.....returns to his  Lift-You-Up easy chair, sucking his thumb, trembling with ..............  NURSE! !

Hello again Tom,

I am so pleased that I studied Sociology and Psychology as part of a past career....you are right of course....but let us not dwell on it too much.

An admonishment from me too as a long time member of this family-friendly forum......in good company there is no need to use foul language.....not because we are old fashioned fuddled-duddies.....I once worked on building sites, was a member of the armed services and though totally and utterly working class, I was taught never to swear in polite company....there is no need.

It seems quite ironic, that after many years a member I make a plea for more comment, at exactly the same moment, we have a great new member who really speaks his mind....WELCOME ALONG Tom....... say it as you mean....yes!....but no foul language please.....

FUJI

Thank you Tom.....

Much appreciated.....at close on 80 years, I think that I have heard, read and absorbed all the swear words there are.....I used to design and paint sets for 3 theatre companies, so I know about swearing for dramatic effect......I too used to teach, children and adults of all ages, I would never use, or encourage foul language in my classroom...it has a place at times, but totally unneccesary most of the time......

I am on this forum, because I love and practice photography, I think that you are too....Our Korky is a Lancashire Poet.....I have his books, he uses language in its broadest sense too, but doesn’t use it in his posts.....banter, cheek and downright belly laughs, plus of course his superb photography....some of the time, anyway ?

Just stand in the naughty corner, and don’t remove that soap from your mouth until I say......after you have written 500 lines you will be allowed back into the classroom,.

I love your honest feedback, your huge potential for thought provoking photographs, you are a very welcome breath of fresh air.......settle down, smell the coffee and make yourself at home.

FUJI