Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Oak & Gate

JamesT

13 hours ago, kev7d said:

It's a nice mine with a good range of tones but the composition is not the greatest for me.  ?

I'm not sure the layout of the scenery would have allowed it but perhaps to extend the frame to the left and upwards?

Constructive observations and feedback......

I keep on returning to this......I just couldn’t fathom why it isn’t working..... I agree with Kev.....it just doesn’t.....so sad really when almost any tree has beauty.

I had a few thoughts over coffee just now.....recalling the beautiful rendering of Trees by Ansel Adams.....a photographer friend gave me a framed print a year or so ago; I treasure it.

All I can suggest James is that you ....Search Google Images for.....Ansel Adams Trees.....to see what we mean.

Where you are based, the season of mellow fruitfulness and misty morns has arrived.....go take full advantage of it.

I look forward very much to seeing the results.

FUJI

Thanks FUJI, I'm not sure which Ansel Adams image you are referring to (there is apparently a whole book of his tree photographs!), the one which comes up most often is "Oak Tree at Sunset City".

I was also not quite sure with this image, which is one reason why I held off posting it for quite a while (the only thing I am sure of is that it was the best image of a rather uninspired day--interesting walk but poor photographs).

We all get days like that James....I advise being ruthless and dumping any that don’t come up to your standard.....a few of the slightly dodgy ones might be rescuable if used in an abstract or arty manner.

which Ansel Adams Tree?......It doesn’t really matter, I just wanted to be inspired by his work.

FUJI

I'm not really sure how you process your images, James. Am I right to assume you scan your negs and then process in Lightroom or something similar?

I don't think you need further crit on this one, I'll simply say that Fooj is spot-on..... it's necessary to be ruthless when it comes to dumping the shots that don't work.

Korky

11 hours ago, Korky said:

I'm not really sure how you process your images, James. Am I right to assume you scan your negs and then process in Lightroom or something similar?

Pretty much. I scan the negatives and then generally do most of the processing in RawTherapee, but use the gimp if I need to clone out any dirt on the negatives.

Archived