Met up with mate this morning for a natter, a coffee and lots of photography talk.

He bought a Nikon 50mm f1.2 a while back and this was the first chance I'd had to give it a whirl on the Fuji. Wide open its not biting sharp but the bokeh is lovely, but at f2 its ridiculously sharp. 

On its usual mount...
Df 1600.jpg

Wide Open...
Roper 50mm Wide Open.jpg

Stopped Down to f2...

Roper 50mm f2.jpg

One from my 35mm f1.4...
Red C.jpg

One using my Pancolar 50mm f1.8...
Roper Bokeh web.jpg

• Like 3

Looks really capable to my eyes.  

• Like 1

Its one of those lenses that I don't understand why Nikon hasn't added AF to it. Oddly for a f1.2 its not too big but it is ALL glass which is seriously cool.

I do like these images taken on vintage glass, and would love to join in, as they do look interesting to use - alas the Sigma 30mm f1.4 (all AF) is probably the closest I'll get. The only all manual lens I have is the Laowa 60mm 2:1 Super Macro, which to be honest I'm struggling to use since the cataract operation and probably going to sell....

• Like 1

I do like the unusual view of the  seating pic #4 ...... The second portrait  with the 50mm  f1.2 looks  fab  stopped down to f2... I haven't really even tried  my 56mm 1.2 properly  yet  ..:blushing:.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clicker said:

I do like the unusual view of the  seating pic #4 ...... The second portrait  with the 50mm  f1.2 looks  fab  stopped down to f2... I haven't really even tried  my 56mm 1.2 properly  yet  ..:blushing:.

You have to give that 56mm a whirl, its an amazing lens that sits high on my 'if I won the Lotto' list of Fuji glass I'd buy. What makes it particularly attractive is its wide open sharpness and the accurate AF you get with a mirrorless system.

• Like 1

A great set BP......it took me a little time to work out the ....seat one.....well seen.

FUJI

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FUJI said:

A great set BP......it took me a little time to work out the ....seat one.....well seen.

FUJI

Superb photo and a bit of a design icon? Not sure I would enjoy sitting in the centre seating for me it would feel claustrophobic.  BP your photo works really well with the 'one' person, whilst I have no idea where this is I think we may see many similar pictures across the photography web forums, can't see how they will top this one!

Another look shows me that the portrait images are really good quality.