JamesT    338

Two more from Wytham, Oaks this time. The first one I've taken many times before but always from a distance rather than looking up.

Both with the 35-70 zoom, the first with a green filter, the second with none.

IMG_0014s.thumb.jpg.4664310f3c555be64e826f15eaaeef5f.jpgIMG_0020s.thumb.jpg.ef299a76315c877dd182d5f5f2dce8a8.jpg

• Like 2

kev7d    3,754

They look very old.   Number 1 is my choice.  It shows the route that the branches have taken whilst growing well.  

JamesT    338

What I find interesting about doing that sort of image in mono is that it can often look a lot less "fussy" than in colour, especially if you use the right filter.

The first one was a case of looking up into the tree and seeing that incredible tangle of branches weaving in and out of the foliage, while the second was just "wow that's a big oak" --- I'm not sure how old it is but it's about twice the girth of the one featured in George McGavin's program tracing a year in the life of an oak and that is estimated at about 200 years, so probably about 500.

Clicker    3,527

I just love oaks... both show off the majesty of our iconic  trees .  Clever using the green filter on the first one too... really helps isolate the network of branches.